Graphics Card Help

Dao

Hey, making a post finally and I do check forums daily for those who say I quit or got grounded... (I am Asian, beating me is better then not using a computer for what ever weeks/months.) LOL?

For the graphic card, I was wondering if you have a good one or what not. Does it make your games you play clear(er)? I have "Intel HD Graphics 3000" and PsoBB is laggy and also the fraps for PSO2 is in the 286 range which I think it's bad so yeah. For a laptop, can you download or install physically a graphics card as well. Just need to know. I could go on Google to research it but I want to here what the community of the games I play say. If it is a physical change that I have to do, what local stores can help install it into my computer if I do buy a graphics card (chip?).

first you have to find out what kind of ports your motherboard/PC has. do you have a PCI port, or a PCIe port or AGP, or maybe a PCIx16? type in your computers model in google and search for its specifications. if your computer is not too old, a new graphics card will really help out your PC. the graphics card will free up some resources once you switch from your onboard graphics card to a new one; and yes, its physical thing; you will have to physicly open your PC and put the card inside.

you can get a good graphics card for about 50 bucks, i would look into getting a ATI AMD Radeon 6450 HD (thats if you meet the system requiremetns). places to look for graphics cards are Best Buy and online. Don't be afraid to shop online for a good deal, if you can't find what you want at the store, look online.

Last, but not least, make sure you do your homework, you dont want to buy a graphics card and then find out it doesnt work with your PC.

Or if you have the cash, build/buy a decent desktop. Upgrading that is much easier than upgrading a laptop imo. I recently built mine, i love it :)

Upgrading imo? So is it even possible to get a better graphics card on in my laptop?

first of all, u need to know if u already have a graphic card in ur laptop so. download everest to know all about ur pc in that program can tell u which drivers u need to install in ur pc, even thse same program got a option for downloads all the drivers that u need (everest)

your using the intel HD graphic 3000, means that is a build in graphic.. actually it is build in the north bridge chipset of the computer. is not even a independent gpu. So i can help you i need following information.

brand of laptop, model of laptop, if it has a service tag please provide it too, and also i need the current version of the graphic driver that ur using

and the OS ur using.

your using the intel HD graphic 3000, means that is a build in graphic.. actually it is build in the north bridge chipset of the computer. is not even a independent gpu. So i can help you i need following information.

brand of laptop, model of laptop, if it has a service tag please provide it too, and also i need the current version of the graphic driver that ur using

and the OS ur using.

ASUS

JOP-1C0095 ( I think this is the model number shown on the box.)

Windows 7 Premium

Copyright 2009 Microsoft Corporation. All rights reserved.

Service Pack 1

System

.... Let me just get a screenshot.

83663557.png

Hopefully there is the Service tag, Graphics Card and OS on the screenshot. (I don't know so much about these things.)

Edited by Dao