section ids

aaronporter23

Wouldn't Skyly do well on a Hunter as well? I'm not asking specifically HUmar, just in general since it's the J-Sword, Lame D'Argent, and a few other melee weapons

I've always believed that Skyly is much better on a Ranger than a Hunter. The reason being is that the items it can get easily are much better hunted with a RA than a HU.

Think of doing PW4. On a RA, you can use Demon's Mechgun, Frozen Shooter and a powerful ranged weapon to finish the job off. (or a technique if you wish)

On a HUmar, you'd need to spam Rabarta, try to Demon's with a Raygun or Fanatic (zzz), and then finish the enemy off with a little more firepower.

It's the same deal in E4. RAs have better crowd control than HUs and don't have to be upclose and personal. Doing MA4C for your Lame/Excalibur (which is more a RA/FO weapon, I might add, but can have good uses on a HU), don't you think you'd be able to do it better with a RA? You rafoie the rappies (power maser on cast) and then snipe the enemies. When fighting lizards, use a Daylight Scar or something with confusing them for the time being. (DLS isn't really a hard hunt here.)

Skyly is obviously the best E2 ID, as it gets SJS, HP and MKB at decent rates. And guess what class is best for E2? Right, rangers.

For a HU, I'd give them a strong E1 ID. Yellowboze is good for Shooter, Kasami (somewhat), Bringer's Arm, Parts of Baranz, Spread Needle, while having some perks in E4 (Heaven Striker and Cannon Rouge, being the main ones). Redria is also similar.

FO is always better with Purplenum. It is the best ID in the game, in my opinion, as it houses ALOT of good drops, and it has alot of goodies in E4, in which FOs excel the most. (Daylight Scar, Centurion/Ability, BOVN, Swordsman Lore (TWO Enemies), Heaven Striker, Slicer of Fanatic, Heavenly/Arms, Photon Crystals, might be more I've missed)

SJS is 1/12,604 (approximately) after DAR (the drop charts of Ultima will read 1/7,xxx, but this is before DAR)

Before somebody asks, DAR is Drop Anything Rate. This means the chance an enemy will drop anything. For example, a Melqueek would have around 20~25% of dropping an item, with a boss having 100% DAR.

The thing is, rare drop rates are calculated inside this DAR, which means you need to roll a successful DAR and then your rare drop, which significantly increases the overall drop rate of an item.

That means your 1/64 Fanatic or your 1/317 Limiter really has a much higher drop rate.

SJS is 1/12,604 (approximately) after DAR (the drop charts of Ultima will read 1/7,xxx, but this is before DAR)

Before somebody asks, DAR is Drop Anything Rate. This means the chance an enemy will drop anything. For example, a Melqueek would have around 20~25% of dropping an item, with a boss having 100% DAR.

The thing is, rare drop rates are calculated inside this DAR, which means you need to roll a successful DAR and then your rare drop, which significantly increases the overall drop rate of an item.

That means your 1/64 Fanatic or your 1/317 Limiter really has a much higher drop rate.

I thought that most charts included the DAR as part of their calculations? (Might be different if somebody changed it. I believe ultima items drop more often due to some change Larva made, either to the DAR or to the chances of the item itself. I can't pull up a post at the moment to show it, but I'm fairly certain I've seen a statement saying that rare items drop more frequently here).

Also, another thing I'd like to say about yellowboze (that I unfortunately have no chart for at the moment either, I can't remember where I saw it), is that Yellowboze has potential to find weapons with higher Hit % than the other section IDs. This rarely kicks in, as finding anything with more than 50 hit is rare enough, and RL gets you 50 hit weapons fairly easily, but certain non-rare weapons can have skyrocketing values if they're found with enough hit. Of course, I can't trust a chart I can no longer find to tell me this, but it's enough to make me use yellowboze as one of my main IDs.

I thought that most charts included the DAR as part of their calculations? (Might be different if somebody changed it. I believe ultima items drop more often due to some change Larva made, either to the DAR or to the chances of the item itself. I can't pull up a post at the moment to show it, but I'm fairly certain I've seen a statement saying that rare items drop more frequently here).

The charts for SEGA's servers do, but the charts for the different private servers do not.