[Post-install] [Pre-first launch] Access to Model Denied

Hello everyone!

My apologies for creating a complete new topic right off the bat (I'm a complete newcomer and this here is my first message too), I just stumbled a small bug upon my first launch of the game.

Desktop_Snapshot.thumb.jpg.cedb22b6ea918111915867bcb3128893.jpg

Upon installing the game I thought placing PSO BB right at the root of my C: drive was not exactly consistent so I installed it in the "Program Files (x86)" folder instead. I also didn't run the game immediately after installing it, opting to launch it from the software list.

I'm using Windows 8.1 on a HP laptop (Core i5-4210U Proc, 8 GB RAM, 64 bits architecture). It's not very powerful for a computer but it'll have to do.

Based on the error message I can only guess I'll need to give the game proper access to the software folder. On Ubuntu I could just do it with some "sudo chmod 755 -r" input but on Windows, that ain't so easy. Unless that's not even what the bug really means. In any case, I'll need a little help from devs-san.

Thank you in advance,
- Chloros

By the name of some gnarky lagomorph dancing on a 40m long shark heading to summer camp in a military chopper, it updated the launcher and now, no warning at all. Thanks Fyreworf!

A bit strange that I had to go all sudo-mode just to run a game but, what the heck. It's my PC.

The problem is that Program Files, Program Files (x86) as well as Windows and other sensitive directories require administration privileges to modify.
That's why the suggested location is set to C:\ by default.

I guess you already know but for the sake of having it in case someone else needs.
You can also:

1. Right click the launcher icon
  2. Select Properties
  3. Go to the Compatibility tab
  4. Check Run this program as an administrator
  5. Click Ok

This will leave the launcher running always as administrator and should avoid the problem.

And for the sake of information
I did NOT make the launcher request administrator privileges so people who do not have an administrator account on their computer can still play the game.

You can safely move the whole game folder "Ultima PSOBB", to a different location should you not want to run the launcher as admin (this will break the launcher shortcut tho, and would have to be edited/remade).