One person mode difficulty issues

Ruu

Hi,

I just wanted to report some of my findings from yesterday. I recently started the server and enjoy it alot, however I have found that there is an issue with the difficulty of one person mode, certainly in the hard difficulty.

My test involved making rooms for both one person mode and normal(multiplayer) mode and getting hit many times by boomas. It was found that boomas in one person mode hurt alot more and take more hits to die!

This is not how the original game was at all and might put off other new commers who like to play alone sometimes.

Thank you for reading.

well, in one person, all monsters are weaker and have less resistence then in multi room, only in some events, bosses maybe be stronger/buffed in one person mode, but in general, one person are very easy to do because of that, if its not like that to you, only a gm can look and explain what is appening

edit

since almost all info/quest etc etc are server side, someone will check that before a gm can

Edited by Ricardo Gomes

I don't think there's a problem with the difficulty. The drop rates and exp are higher to mitigate the changes. It makes the game more fun in my opinion. It isn't hard to get some good things at low levels. I'm sure if you asked people would help you here since this community is nice. You could get geared up well enough to tackle Hard or you can always play lower difficulty until you are ready.

well, in one person, all monsters are weaker and have less resistence then in multi room, only in some events, bosses maybe be stronger/buffed in one person mode, but in general, one person are very easy to do because of that, if its not like that to you, only a gm can look and explain what is appening

edit

since almost all info/quest etc etc are server side, someone will check that before a gm can

Ricardo, thanks for replying mate, but as I said - one person monsters are NOT weaker than multiplayer mode in hard difficulty, thats my point.

• Like 1
  • 1 month later...

Yeah, I came from a different private server when that one went down, and the difficulty spike from normal to hard was the equivalent of very hard to unltimate with NO RARE EQUIPMENT. Even with a Varista and half built mag, it still took 12-20+ shots to take out one enemy, that's not fun, that's just slows the pace a bit too much in my opinion. I was fearing the dificulty would spike again when I would move to Very Hard, but that jump was more along the lines of what I'm used to.

Enemies shouldn't be THAT durable so early in solo mode. In my honest opinion.