Recently started back playing Pds

saintdrummerboy

All monsters everywhere have a chance of dropping a photon drop. Your odds are slightly better if you are playing on a higher difficulty level. For example, the odds of finding one in Ultimate are slightly better than in Very Hard. I don't know the exact odds, perhaps someone else knows.

A photon drop is technically classified as a green box. So every time a 'green box' drops, you have a chance of it being a photon drop (which of course looks like a red box). Again, someone else can probably explain this better than me. D:

But to answer your question specifically, go to places where you can kill lots of monsters fairly quickly, on the highest difficulty you can survive. Other than that, it's merely personal preference. As a force, I personally enjoy doing the first room of EP1 Quest, [ultima] Wrath of Forest over and over. But that's just me. ^_^

Something something pyramid scheme.

Also dhunting semi decent stuff that can be farmed easily for photon drops is the easier way of getting photon drops when you are new. Also mag cooking, preparing decent sato and kama are pretty nice.