Game wont let me log in

http://www.phantasystaronline.net/forum/index.php/topic/22843-getting-the-game-running/See if any of that helps.

Also what OS / SP are you running? Windows? 64 bit? 7? 8? 10? What anti virus/firewall programs?

Its interesting that you can get into the pre-game, so its most likely not a graphics issue, though it could be.

There is a small chance it could be a firewall issue, but again it doesnt seem likely since you were able to download/install the patch.

Possibly another active program is interfering? Had a guy the other day that had an issue with a graphics program called prism. I guess it was locking out the GPU or something. Can you shutdown everything non vital (including background processes from all users). Or try running it from safe mode (may require changing the res once you startup windows)?

Personally I would add all the .exe files yes. online is just the launcher, the actually game is PsoBB (normal) or PsOBw (wide). I have no idea what the other exes are off the top of my head. Generally speaking though, if two exes interact, they should be given the same privileges in scenarios like these.

Actually, it makes sense if he reinstalled. A reinstall just overwrites any existing files, it doesn't delete files that have nothing to do with its own program.. which just happen to reside in the same directory *grin*

Glad you got it working at least

I mean as a programmer (in theory) I would make an installer include an uninstaller which checked for all added files. As a user I typically just run an install without uninstalling or manually deleting the folder/files most of the time. I dont typically uninstall, restart, install, restart like one really should. Too much effort ;)