Suggestion: a GM directory.

Attempt to add a GM directory?  

21 members have voted

1. 1. Attempt to add a GM directory?

Ok so here's an idea I whipped up with my friends while online.

why not add a directory for GM's? let's say you make a new character, and instead of starting a without any

Guild cards, you get the most of the GM's guild cards.

so that when a GM is needed for a situation, all you need to do is contact via PM the nearest active GM.

ah and to avoid, uneccessary GM summoning, as a rule you'd have to explain the GM the situation via PM

then it's up to the GM to decide if he/she wants to go check thing's out.

and to ensure this law isn't gonna be brokencso easily, make it that if a GM is summoned to a fake crisis, have the caller get banned... or whatever the admin wishes XD.

Remember... it's like calling 911. "for emergency only"

so how about it?

Hmmmmm... Wrong forum...

Not sure how that would work. If it's based on account and not character it can happen when the account is created, but if it's based on character I don't see how that would happen. Could always PM on forum?

Edited by Luke

sure but there's always a chance the GM is online but not present on the forums.

ah yes, it's when you create an account.

oh sorry for the posting on the wrong section. I apologize.

also I updated the idea quite a bit. I believe syd/dessens can explain this a bit better.

we fused 2 ideas toghether and got something a bit more adjustable.

as for the poll well.. we could say you manage to add a GM directory.

the GM's try it on for say like a week, and after that the GM's get to vote and if they like the system they can keep it.

besides like I said. this is only a mere suggestion.

Edited by R.A.V.S.O

I don't really know if it's possible, but in case it wasn't

here's where Syd's/dessen's idea comes to play.

if there's no way to mod the GM's Guld cards into an account, you could do what he did.

he used an assistant to tell him when to come and stuff...

why not tell a person (who is going to be the assistant) to meet you at a certain time & date

and give him the guild cards.

that way you get someone who can call a GM ingame (and offline if the GM gives him their msn)

if there's an emergency.

and the best part is, you don't have to alter the server at all this way.

how's it sound?

I used to say hi in the global message when im online in the game

yes thats true, but think about it, the global message system is only for outgoing info

from GM personell...

you can tell someone you're there but not viceversa,

(no, I'm not saying we should give global messaging to others,)

but the purpose of the "GM directory" was meant to calm down the people who always

say a GM isn't there when needed.

Hmm, On pso ver.2 ships we get a extra option when we go to the guild counter called information, it has a few options namely credits or server info, but sometimes the servers have a bug report option, wich automaticly sends to you a Guild card request, once you accept you can use it to send a PM with the problem and the person at hand will eventually read it.

Maybe someone can make an option to send a specific GM guild card from the guild counter in the lobby.

RAVSO , so basicly you are saying that , some create a character , in his guildcard list , start always with the guildcard of the GM's to be able to contact them at any time ???

i dont quite get this clear lol.

in a nutshell Larva. yes.

why do you ask?

well sometimes a GM isnĀ“t there when you need it, and when there really is a need to contact one, well the player has no way (unless he recieved a previous GC from one) and well the GM directory is to avoid that issue and to calm down any complaints rom lack of GM activity.

and if that wasnĀ“t possible to do, have 1 to 3 persons (trustworthy, and with lotĀ“s of free time)

reieve the guildcards from an admin.

In my opinion I was kinda hoping the first one was available.

Edited by R.A.V.S.O

Well given that this is blue burst and a private server, I know no way of doing what you suggest in the current form. If I were to code one I could see a way to do it. But with what we use right now, I don't see a way to do this, unless Larva knows of a way.

Either way, the forums are a great place to send messages. You can, at least now, send a message to all the GM's in private on the forum if you needed to. They're marked in a special group.