Sabers!

Well this question has been asked a few times.

It started when challenge mode got implemented, the mysterious saber bug started to occur, sometimes even lvl 5 mags would get dropped randomly y monsters etc. That eventually got fixed but when we noticed that the sabers don't prevent the rare drop from dropping, it didn't get all that much attention. What Larva means by "It's a DAR!!" is that when a saber drops, it wouldn't have been a rare anyway.when you kill a monster or boss, the game first calculates if an item will drop (that's the DAR) and after that it will calculate if the drop is a rare drop (that's the RT). Now the saber only will drop if you have a hit on the DAR and not on the RT.

In other words, the saber drops like it would be a monomate, meseta or anything common a monster drops without taking away the chance on a rare drop.

I don't know why it would happen, you'd have to screw something pretty bad up to do that when reading the itempt file. My only other explanation is it's an id fail from a fixed random type box which usually has the sabers code.

Sorry dewd, but as some old RPGs used to tell me, "thy luck is not with thee sir Dirt"

They're called rares for a reason my good man, they don't come easy and some are nil almost impossible to get.

With that said, the successful rare hunter is one who never gives up until they find what they seek, so keep at it and hunt on till you have achieved it.

The only difference between a successful hunter and one who fails is that the successful hunter never gave up.

Accidentally -1... My bad tri!

:onion-head70: keep trying you will get it. its gonna take some time but when you do get it. the feelings is unexplainable.

Edited by fatboy