How about a quest with some Dorphons?!

Adeum

Trying to Lame hunt, but there isn't a single quest in the game that has decent Dorphon count without having to go through a bajillion Zu's first. Even the "Dorphon" max attack quest has at least a dozen Zus before you see a Dorphon. Nearly impossible for a hunter to hunt lames when there are so many Zu's.

Hey there,

There are a few quests you can do for hunting lame's

The special MAX attack for dorphons is actually called M4DMD or something like that in the ultima subsection of the quests that you can only access in normal mode. There are 2 dorphons at the beginning after the first 3 Zu's and a lot more as you progress through it (before Sub Desert). Bring a gun, makes life easier.

Another thing you can do is make friends with a Force, Forces have a relatively easier time in EP 4 (High level with good techs)

A last suggestion is going in one person mode and doing the "Warrior's Pride Quest" yo have party members and one of them is a ranger who can basically take the Zu's no problem just remember to heal them/Star atomizer them (if you are a cast). There are also two routes in it, a Dorphon Route or a Zu route. Google search "A soldier's pride" and you will get a walkthrough of the quest.

Hope this helps. :)

Edited by squish

Claire's Deal has 10

Max attack 4c has 13

Warrior's Pride has 9

MA4DMD has more than any other quest, but it's a damn hard quest. Also, a few of the dorphons are always eclair's so you won't get lame from them.

Warrior's pride is ridiculously easy to solo for hunts since you get two NPC companions to heal you and kill enemies. Also it's single player, so difficulty isn't as hard.

Claire's Deal has 10

Max attack 4c has 13

Warrior's Pride has 9

MA4DMD has more than any other quest, but it's a damn hard quest. Also, a few of the dorphons are always eclair's so you won't get lame from them.

Warrior's pride is ridiculously easy to solo for hunts since you get two NPC companions to heal you and kill enemies. Also it's single player, so difficulty isn't as hard.

I've tried them all, and like I said, you have to kill over a dozen Zus before the first Dorphon even shows up. Then it's on a ratio of somewhere around 5 Zus per Dorphon after that. Sure it's great and wonderful to have a fo, but I don't, and I don't play enough to hunt items with others (or level up a Fo sufficiently), plus people turn into item-whores when good things drop. Warrior's Pride also had me concerned because the NPC companions are frequently getting the final hit to kill monsters, and they don't have Skyly IDs, so won't that throw off my kill-count?

Again, I am simply asking that when you do the "Dorphon" route that you actually get Dorphons instead of a million Zus first.

Hey there,

There are a few quests you can do for hunting lame's

The special MAX attack for dorphons is actually called M4DMD or something like that in the ultima subsection of the quests that you can only access in normal mode. There are 2 dorphons at the beginning after the first 3 Zu's and a lot more as you progress through it (before Sub Desert). Bring a gun, makes life easier.

Another thing you can do is make friends with a Force, Forces have a relatively easier time in EP 4 (High level with good techs)

A last suggestion is going in one person mode and doing the "Warrior's Pride Quest" yo have party members and one of them is a ranger who can basically take the Zu's no problem just remember to heal them/Star atomizer them (if you are a cast). There are also two routes in it, a Dorphon Route or a Zu route. Google search "A soldier's pride" and you will get a walkthrough of the quest.

Hope this helps. :)

Thanks, I wasn't aware of that quest. I'll have to give it a run. All the ones i've tried, even ones that are "Dorphon" specific have ridiculous amounts of Zus. Ill perhaps have to consider getting something to help keep Zus from raping me....twin blaze or something. It's their aerial attack that is annoying as can be.

Dude, seriously? You're dealing with Zu's, a statistical ever present monster in EP4 and you're a HU? Go buy a L&K 38 Combat on the buy and sell forums and then blow them out of the sky!(my favorite thing to do in EP4 XD ) Either that or find you a decent pair of mechs, like the H&S 25 Justice, M&A 60 Vise or the L&K 14 Combat! Regardless, just because you're a HU, does not mean you don't need a gun or can't use any, it certainly makes your character's life much easier in EP4 with the Zu appearances.