tru

DAYLIGHT SCAR +25 (45/0/0/45I50) 40 pds

DAYLIGHT SCAR +25 (0/0/45/45|65) 90 pds

Obviously you're not gonna get your full investment back when you invest in a weapon. A maxed PR isn't gonna be worth the entire amount of DTs you invested plus the price of PBC. The fact you think that shows you don't know anything about prices and that you can't handle pricing.

The reason why things in real life devalue over time is because, unlike in a video game, things in real life deteriorate and go bad and break over time. In a video game, you don't get that same deterioration, things stay the same quality no matter what you do. That's the sole reason why you see items in life devalue, no other reasons exist.

To say that items in this game devalue based on just basically owning the items in generally would mean you'd have to exponentially devalue really valuable items just based off of ownership alone. For example, if you trade around a DF to 3 other people, that DF's value is drastically reduced. Suddenly that DF goes from being worth 600 DTS to being worth only 100. Or, to be more fair, judging based off of your consistent devalue that you have of 40%, it's more along the lines of 77.76 DTS (if my high school level math is right) If you're wondering how I got that, you have to devalue the item by 40% every single time for each ownership. That's 4 people it is devalued 40% by. That's not even including the other forms of the items supposedly being able to be devalued by.

The only way for any item to have devalue numbers is if EVERY ITEM has them, but clearly nobody is going to be selling a STA for 20 DTS now are they? Therefore, there's no such thing as item devalue numbers based off of ownership or any factors this game has. An 80 hit DF is an 80 hit DF no matter who owned it or how many, therefore it's still worth a ton.

I think we get it Tru, you wanted an ego boost so you made a niche little price check thread where only you can give out "accurate" price checks on items that you think should be priced a certain way, we get it tru, we do; but it's getting to the point where you're just plain wrong a lot of the time. The Ultima Official Price Check thread is as Saith said, still active and open to suggestions. If you feel like you need to make a suggestion on prices, it can be and should be negotiated there, in that thread. This thread, well, is kind of pointless to the community and only serves to boost your ego.

I think you're a great player tru, but even you have to admit this is getting a little ridiculous.

Edited by Auroboro
  • Like 2

The reason why things in real life devalue over time is because, unlike in a video game, things in real life deteriorate and go bad and break over time. In a video game, you don't get that same deterioration, things stay the same quality no matter what you do. That's the sole reason why you see items in life devalue, no other reasons exist.

To say that items in this game devalue based on just basically owning the items in generally would mean you'd have to exponentially devalue really valuable items just based off of ownership alone. For example, if you trade around a DF to 3 other people, that DF's value is drastically reduced. Suddenly that DF goes from being worth 600 DTS to being worth only 100. Or, to be more fair, judging based off of your consistent devalue that you have of 40%, it's more along the lines of 77.76 DTS (if my high school level math is right) If you're wondering how I got that, you have to devalue the item by 40% every single time for each ownership. That's 4 people it is devalued 40% by. That's not even including the other forms of the items supposedly being able to be devalued by.

The only way for any item to have devalue numbers is if EVERY ITEM has them, but clearly nobody is going to be selling a STA for 20 DTS now are they? Therefore, there's no such thing as item devalue numbers based off of ownership or any factors this game has. An 80 hit DF is an 80 hit DF no matter who owned it or how many, therefore it's still worth a ton.

I think we get it Tru, you wanted an ego boost so you made a niche little price check thread where only you can give out "accurate" price checks on items that you think should be priced a certain way, we get it tru, we do; but it's getting to the point where you're just plain wrong a lot of the time. The Ultima Official Price Check thread is as Saith said, still active and open to suggestions. If you feel like you need to make a suggestion on prices, it can be and should be negotiated there, in that thread. This thread, well, is kind of pointless to the community and only serves to boost your ego.

I think you're a great player tru, but even you have to admit this is getting a little ridiculous.

I already said before. If people are just going to act negative a GM can just close this.

People said the current price guide thread is outdated and they wanted an updated one. They appreciated the idea of me starting one. Plenty of people were asking prices all the time and they didn't have a thread they could go to. This was my version of that idea. That way people could discuss prices of items (especially ones with stats).

If you don't like it you could always not post. People like you have come here time and time again just to cause drama.

I'll be honest, I didn't expect all this drama. I didn't make this to boost my ego (I'm not sure how it even would).

I never said the value of items decreases as you hold onto them. If anything, the opposite is likely to happen with some. I didn't say they lose value by 40%.

I would prefer if a GM locked this.

It's best to avoid negativity.

Thank you.

Edited by tru
  • Like 3

I already said before. If people are just going to act negative a GM can just close this.

People said the current price guide thread is outdated and they wanted an updated one. They appreciated the idea of me starting one. Plenty of people were asking prices all the time and they didn't have a thread they could go to. This was my version of that idea. That way people could discuss prices of items (especially ones with stats).

If you don't like it you could always not post. People like you have come here time and time again just to cause drama.

I'll be honest, I didn't expect all this drama. I didn't make this to boost my ego (I'm not sure how it even would).

I never said the value of items decreases as you hold onto them. If anything, the opposite is likely to happen with some. I didn't say they lose value by 40%.

I would prefer if a GM locked this.

It's best to avoid negativity.

Thank you.

I dont come here to just cause drama tru, you know that's not tru (get it?)

Bad puns aside, I don't see how this couldn't boost your ego? You started a price check thread where you're the boss of the thread and are the only person that can "accurate" price items. That screams ego boost, I'm sorry lol.

Im going off of Saith's data regarding the 40% devalue, he wouldn't just make up numbers like that, and I trust his values.

Also,

Obviously you're not gonna get your full investment back when you invest in a weapon. A maxed PR isn't gonna be worth the entire amount of DTs you invested plus the price of PBC. The fact you think that shows you don't know anything about prices and that you can't handle pricing.

That quote shows you already know that you're devaluing items by price based off of ownership exponentially. I'm sorry tru, the proof is in the pudding.

All I wanted to say. Not trying to be negative, but really your price checks are based more off of a personal rating and experience more than anything, as, really, you post no conclusive proof that anybody else necessarily agrees with the prices you give.

edit: I wasn't trying to be mean to you tru I just wanted to throw my two cents in there, sorry. :onion115:

Edited by Auroboro