The SITW Development team topic

R.A.V.S.O

Ok so this entire topic only serves for one major purpose only....

the developing of the Rpg Maker XP game project "Sesilou into the World!"

here are a few rulings Id like to make clear first and foremost.

1. ANYONE can join, as long as you have some experience in plot making, game developing or even better

experience with any rpg maker. (if possible XP)

2. people in the dev team have to help someway... it's nice to have constructive criticism and all.... but much better to get a hand with the game itself.

3. constructive criticism is allowed, if you think the game can be improved somehow let us know! if you plain came here to flame me or attempt to discourage the team I honestly do NOT give a damn XD (nor will the comment be taken seriously)

4.spots for spriters, voice actors, mappers (XP experience needed) and sub-plot maker are open to all,

5. in the case if collaborating with any of the above your name shall be included in the demo's ending credits.

6. demo related conversations are strictly for this page only.... if you feel like talking about this in the shoutbox please moderate the talk if needed, this is a dev topic and I'd hate to see it get locked.

7. purposely spamming and deliberately getting people related to this in hot water will get you expelled from the dev team

(and can also get you in trouble with the mods.... please follow rule 6)

and without further ado.... I declare the dev team topic OPEN

future posts about plot, items and such will follow shortly

Ok first things first.... story is far too long so I'll nutshell it as best as I can.... (I will only narrate what will happen on demo)

You assume the role of Sesilou a male human, age 19, D-Soldier in training, as of the start of the demo Sesilou is about to do his first real time mission to fully become a rank 3 D-Soldier, luckily you wont be alone (at least on the demo) your trusty friends (as seen from project ADIOL) are on your side and will support with long range and healing. (qualities Sesilou sucks at or plain does not have)

now what D-Soldiers consists of was somewhat complicated to specify that I made a handy imaginary manual for the new recruits :3

==THE D-SOLDIER MANUAL:==

THE ORGANIZATION! IN A NUTSHELL!

the D-Soldiers's goals are to preserve primordial biospheres (dimensions with life) by any means possible, also to gather data to form an inter-dimensional encyclopedia of such dimension's life forms, on their quest to do so they fight against physical manifestations of dis-balance called "the disruptors" their goal is completely disrupt all forms of balance from their selected target.

When a world becomes a target to the disruptors they merge in with the inhabitants of such world (they can shapeshift accordingly) one in the world they will begin to steer it into a chaotic good or chaotic evil way.

such as too much good or evil on a place, a D-Soldier's job is to play the opposing role of a disruptor... if the disruption makes the world become too peaceful your job is to become a terrorist and wreak havoc on such dimension until all disruption is eliminated and balance is reached. a D-Soldier is a true neutral. heroism and terrorism are only 2 sides of the coin.

DIMENSION TRAVELING IN A NUTSHELL!

when a D-Soldier lands into any dimension (planet) there is a protocol to follow

1) use the comm transmission device located on your head to scan for any existing HQ, if such HQ already exists on that dimension head to the HQ as a first priority and skip to step 4

2) find a location where it is isolated from the locals.... the unexplored heart of the dark forest of death will do.

3) create your HQ, the motherbase has given you a portable HQ generator, plant in firm ground and a HQ zone should be set.

4) inside the HQ, run a dimensional area scan.... the scan should determine basic dimension specs flora and fauna along with a brief history, the Motherbase requires this data to build it's encyclopedia.

5) OPTIONAL: restock on items, heal, some dimentions are HOSTILE and this HQ is your one true sanctuary, also take note that disrupters will do ANYTHING to cut your path to access pre-existing HQ's.... there is only 1 HQ per dimention.

6) still inside the HQ determine the dimension's balace..... once inside the HQ the balance counter will appear,

a balanced dimension will display (50/50) an unbalanced dimension with disruption will have different numbers

like (20/80) WARNING: in life there is no good without evil and vice versa meaning if the world becomes totally good

(0/100) or totally evil (100/0) that dimension ceases to exist.... with you along with it. (GAME OVER)

7) SAVE THIS WORLD! or CRY HAVOC! depending on the counter you will have to assume a heroic or vile role, helping or destrying civilizations along the way to reach the balance (50/50)

8) when the world is at 50/50 and disrupters are no longer in sight you have clearance to go back to the motherbase.

REMEMBER SOLDIER: out there you are alone. and at the same time you're not, interacting with the denizens of the world is up to you but take note ALL your actions have consequences and at any point your may have to kill or betray fellow partners but do not lose heart if done correctly you will reach balance without any drastic means,

NOW GO OUT INTO THE WORLD!

as you can see SITW consists of Sesilou basically traveling into the unknown in search of valuable data and on a more personal quest for Sesi to find his missing sister while keeping himself alive and his organization pleased

the demo currently holds the 1st mission and should explain the basics of dimension travel plus it's thrilling at the same time.

WE ALSO HAVE A BONUS.....

now you see you're probably wondering how this is all related to PSO.... you see part of the game eventually has a 2D recreated version of PSO's

seabed lower areas (Olga flow boss included in 2D) and to celebrate the demo I shall hide a special ending in it...

whoever gets to see the ending and brings proof to me (I added a password to it) gets a special item Im reserving for the lucky viewer.

next post.... why I need you. and what you can do to help around.

Edited by R.A.V.S.O

ok now... here's what YOU can do to help around:

The reality is there is almost no possible way I can finish this alone (especially since I added voiceovers) so I need a few

people with free time for this, here are the possible job roles you can do

from most wanted to least.

female voice actors x 2 (for the voices of "Sabrina" and "Claire" microphone and recording software NEEDED)

male voice actors x 3 (for the voices of "The General" "The Captain" and "Vortex" microphone and recording software NEEDED)

2-3 plot and subplot guides. (your role is to review the storyline and dialogues seen on this demo, without proper dialogue the VA's will sound far too clichee'd and out of place.

sacrificial* plot master (a person in charge of most of the storyline plot for the demo)

1 mapper helper. (I do the actual mapping but a landscape image or 2 can help me freshen out imagination)

sacrificial* playtesters (need I say more? also as a heads up, this game has no viruses but you will require the installation of the RGSS-RTP conveniently located in a INSTALL ME FIRST folder I added, virus free as well)

=end.

all the team will be awarded with appearance on end-demo credits and SACRIFICIAL roles will be awarded an extra award here on PSO

P.S: * the term "sacrifical" dubs the user with the knowledge of the ENTIRE demo, hidden rooms and endings included and thus is not possible for him/her to participate on my future event, however for their efforts I have prepared an extra special reward for them as well.

next post.... gameplay mechanics and plotline startups.

Edited by R.A.V.S.O

I'll do plot and subplot xD And I'll test it as well. xD

plot and subplot is alright.... however as a playtester you will lose the right to participate on my incoming event.

so I'll only ask once... do you accept to be sacrificial?

ok then. the demo consists of entirely the 1st realtime mission of Sesilou as a D-Soldier

for the convenience of all Ive split the demo's lengh into scenes, each scene will have need of certain VA's and plot managers

SCENE 1 "Tutorial 1" (100% done) brief 3 maps consisting of the movement and combat training. Ive finished this one myself

SCENE 2 "HQ first visit" (20% done) in here Sesi regroups with party and is given the mission by both the captain and the general

I will be needing the 2 male VA's here and someone to help me out with plot of the mission

I'll be adding more scenes as the demo develops

Edited by R.A.V.S.O