Phantasy Star Zero

jewfro69

I just got this game a couple of days ago and am really enjoying it. Only played about an hour but it plays pretty much like psobb. I would recommend it to anyone that has a ds/emulator and is looking for something like pso.

A couple of questions for anyone who has played phantasy star zero.(this is the ds game)

1.) What is the best way to go about leveling in this game lol. I've looked all over google for a guide and can't find one (not even on psoworld).

2.) Is there a way to remap the camera key to the right bumper instead of left :/ gotten too used to psobb lol

3.) (rhetorical) Why are HuCasts so OP LOLOL.

that is all thank you :P I'll add to the list if i find anything else I'm having trouble with.

Edited by jewfro69

1: a good way to lvl on PSZero appears when you finish the game once, so the Eternal Tower quest becomes available, theres TONS of monsters and floors for ya explore [the prizes are epic win also], managed to get lvl 9x fastalot doing it on all diffs.

2: dunno, never tried that, srsrly LOL.

3: Because chuck norris wanted that lmao.

1. Careful with the tower though, there's no way to continue where you left off when you get tired, other than puting your ds in sleep mode. (You can save but you'll have to start over if you turn the game off) It can take up to 6+ hours to finish, and there's no real point in beating it on normal, doing it on hard should unlocks super hard difficulty.

2. I don't believe you can remap the controls, they really missed an opportunity to use the touchscreen for extra controls.

3. A better question is why were Rangers so nerfed?

1. Careful with the tower though, there's no way to continue where you left off when you get tired, other than puting your ds in sleep mode. (You can save but you'll have to start over if you turn the game off) It can take up to 6+ hours to finish, and there's no real point in beating it on normal, doing it on hard should unlocks super hard difficulty.

2. I don't believe you can remap the controls, they really missed an opportunity to use the touchscreen for extra controls.

3. A better question is why were Rangers so nerfed?

On emulators you can easily save your progress wherever you want :P

Yeah I've been playing on my ds and my emulator when my hands get tired of holding that little ds and i use my Xbox controller so i can move buttons wherever i want lol.

One more question i thought of. What slot units are idea for leveling and end game. been working on 2 mags so far a power mag and a power hit mag for when i think I'm missing too much.

Also i heard double sabers and mech guns where the two best weapons. any elaboration or comments on different weapons maybe?

Thank you guys for responding :P

Edited by jewfro69

I can never get ds emulators to work right, so laggy. But i've always got my Lite and 3ds. Man its been a year? since i last played...I remember hit being pretty important the higher difficulty you go.

Lets see weapons...Well that's definitely true about double sabers not sure about mech guns, i stayed away from any ranged weapons except slicers guns were just weren't worth the trouble to use, I thought they all felt like pea shooters and were kinda hard to aim, you probably noticed that slicers are based on the mind stat so their a pretty strong weapon.

I think you maybe you can remap the buttons with another program something like joytokey (hadn't used it since i got a better program, came with logitech controller)

Yea i know i can remap on the emulator i was talking about my ds hahah :P yeah slicers eh? i might have to try that. i really like my double saber. do you know how to use the element on a weapon? like say i want to use a caleb weapon how do i get that to use my meseta?

Thanks

Sounds about right, It does get more challenging in hard (duh) your partners are gonna start being a lot less useful, not that they were much to start with...but still good cannon fodder.

another thing about the tower is every floor the monsters get slightly stronger as you go up, its not noticeable at first but around the 70th floor your gonna start dying alot more.