Help, PSOBB wont start.

Dean5280

I downloaded the UltimaPsOBB Installer Vr 2.7.rar, extracted it to "C:\Games", made a shortcut to the online.exe and placed it my Start Menu folder. At first I was getting the "Error code 5" when trying to start the game, then I noticed that AVG was blocking the PsoBB.exe so I added the game directory to AVG's exclude list. Now I click on the shortcut then the main menu comes up then I click on "Start Game" and nothing happens. I checked the task manager and I see PsoBB.exe*32 sitting there not using any CPU and taking up 112k of space. I have no idea what's wrong. I'm using win7-64.

Hmm, was there no installer? Are you sure you kept all the files in the same folder?

Weird, I use windows 7, 64 aswel and I've no problem, try redownloading it (maybe another version).

Turn off AVG for a moment to see if that's the problem lol.

OMG It is AVGs fault!

I added "C:\Games\Phantasy Star Online Blue Burst" and "C:\Games\Phantasy Star Online Blue Burst\PsoBB.exe" to AVG's Resident Shield excluded list but AVG is still interfering with the game. I have to use the "Temporarily disable AVG protection" feature to start the game. But the problem with that is you can only disable AVG for fifteen minutes, if AVG reactivates while the game is running it will most likely crash the game, right? So what can I do?

I used AVAST for a long time, it's pretty good, but now I've installed panda cloud, it runs on the servers of microsoft so it doesn't use alot of your RAM xD Having no trouble with it so far ^^

Enjoy PSO :)