Weird computer problem

Riki

Ok so i havent been on cause my computer has been doing some crazy shit lately. It keeps shutting down randomly. I checked to see if it was overheating but the temp stays around 30-50c which is very low considering the cutoff is 110c for my cores. And when i activate my old half broken harddrive it doesnt have any issues. Ive no clue how to fix this problem or whats causing it. I can only assume software and possibly graphics drivers but it could be anything as far as i know

Edit : ok so even with the other hard drive its still having this issue, it just takes a lot longer. im running off of safe mode to see if its still affected.

Edited by Riki

you didn't post a lot of symptoms other than shutting down randomly, so that is all I have to go off of. So, sorry if this doesn't help.

If you are using a laptop:

Try using a different battery or try having the computer plugged in to a charger with and without the battery

If you are using a desktop:

Try changing the battery on your motherboard.(I doubt this would be the problem)

I would also try scanning your computer with an antivirus program. I would really recommend Kapersky Anti-Virus, you can get a free 30-day trial.

If none of the above methods work then go on an actual computer forum, not a game forum for better help :P

I would check your computer for viruses. Also check your power supply, if your wattage is too high then your computer will shut off from a lack of power. If its an old computer the cable might be loose and just needs to be replaced.

One way to look to see if you might have a virus is to go into task manager and check your processes (don't run any programs when you do this) Check your idle process, if it is a high number such as 95-99 that is good. If it is low such as 40-45 your computer probably has a virus.

Also, if your having issues in safe mode then it is probably not a virus since viruses are normally programed to attack the Windows OS.

If you do have issues in safe mode I would check your Cores again, heat is not the only thing that can damage your cores.

I dont have any viruses and i have an 800watt power supply and my comp will only drain 650watts even during over clocking with 3 games running. Its stable atm, i took everything out of the computer that was screwed down and dusted it off and put it back in (in different orders if possible) and its been an hour since its powered off and still running ( was averaging 6-15mins for a shutdown). I have a feeling its ither my ram or motherboard. leaning more towards ram because ive never used ram like what i have before. 3 ram sticks that equals to 16gbs of hard ram, not sure the name or make off top of my head.

Edited by Riki

• 3 weeks later...