The IP address at home is the same with multiple computers connected to it?

StahnAileron

Let's say more than one person is connected to the same network is the IP address different for each computer or the IP address is exactly the same? Another similar question if someone is using your e-mail or computer does the IP stay the same? This is strictly at home no where else. There are some matters I need to gain information before I try to help out my sibling.

Edited by StahnAileron

The external IP is the same for all computers on the network.

The internal IPs are all different.

The external IP address is the only one that others (outside your own network) can see, so you more than likely were referring to that one.

EDIT:

Another similar question if someone is using your e-mail or computer does the IP stay the same?

Not quite sure if I understand this question correctly.

Checking your email won't change your IP nor will just using your computer. If two computers from the same network are both logged into hotmail (or any other email service) at the same time, they can log into different accounts yet still be on the same IP.

If someone outside your network accesses your email, they would of course be connecting from another IP.

Or wait, were you talking about remote connection? Either way your IP will still be the same, regardless.

If you need a better explanation in a particular area just ask and I'll give one.

Edited by Choko

I'm just asking about home connection nothing too far.You answered the question about my home connection.Thank you for the information.My youngest brother wanted to know.We live together in the same house.There were a few misunderstandings some users think he and I are the same person on the forum.Actually we are not.He shared my old e-mail until I made a new e-mail a few months later.