I can't start PSO

Alright I'd really love some help guys every time I try to start the game I get an error that pops up and says. "Failed to update files". What should I do? I have already tried uninstalling and reinstalling my game and downloading the latest patch from this site. I'd appreciate any help I can get.

Alright I'd really love some help guys every time I try to start the game I get an error that pops up and says. "Failed to update files". What should I do? I have already tried uninstalling and reinstalling my game and downloading the latest patch from this site. I'd appreciate any help I can get.

Okay I was playing around with it more and now it give me a different error. This one says. "Failed to start POS BB. Error Code: 2"

goto the news and announcements section and download the updates that are there

problem 2 make sure u dont have the PSOBB file named SHPsoBB

Edited by Draven

Alright I did all that and I'm still having problems. When I delete the patch named PsoBB.pat my game starts fine but then when I try to sign in it downloads the smae patch again and when gets done downloading it crashes. Then when I try to start the game again I get the same error that says "Failed to update files" Is there a way I can play without downloading this patch? Or is there another patch I can download to fix this?

Alright I just did that. It works until I try signing in and then it tries to download a patch called "UltimaPsoBB.pat" When it finishes downloading this it crashes.

Whattttt.. there's something rare on what your doing,, there's not such file .

do me a favor. uninstall the game.. and then go to the directory and erase everything by hand, then reinstall the game, then erase all the Exe files and also the *.pat files, and now extract the patch on the directory and create a shortcut for Online.exe ore Vista.exe wherever you use..

Nope that didn't work either. :( I'm going to give you a list of my folders and files and you can tell me what I need to add or remove. Also another note, I'm using Windows 7 could that be the problem?

bmp

data

GameGuard

log

teamflag

uninst

dummy

Newpatch.NewHost

option

PsoBB

UltimaPsOBB

Uninstal

Vista

There they are. Thanks for all the help. I wish things were working though.

I had play the game on windows 7 with out problem.

I guess you extract the contents of the Newpatch.Newhost.

your doing something wrong, erase the ultimapsobb.exe open the Newpatch.Newhost.rar and extract in that same folder all the files, replace everything that it ask for.

Thank you thank you thank you thank you!!! :) :) :) My dad helped me figure out that I didn't have a program to extract a rar file. It works now :) Thank you for you help and patients.