Which Class and ID for a new player?

Hi everyone I just joined the Ultima server.

I was just wondering what would be a good class and id for a new player?

I have experience in playing this game a bit, as my brother let me play his human ranger on the dreamcast version and I love the game.

Other than that I don't know that much about the game, just in the basic stuff.

HUcaseal is a great starting character, in my opinion.

She has access to traps, has good starting ATP and nice ATA, and can get through the game fairly easily. She's not the best class endgame, but she's still very good to start with.

As for ID, I would try to obtain Purplenum, Yellowboze or Redria.

RAmarl is class I enjoy for beginning. HAs access to Resta / Buffs and Debuffs and rangers are pretty friendly to new players. I second Zynetic's ID suggestion

I'm not really one for techniques just the basic heal and buffs.

Also I want to play female characters so I might play Hucaseal like Zynetic suggested just not sure what id to pick of the three but after asking my bro he said take redria for better rare drops.

Edit " I have chosen my class now I'm picked a Hunewearl and I got a name for Redria"

Edited by Blueskyz

I only play as rangers and only as RAcaseal at the moment. I like their endgame abilities and benefits. Get to see traps, use traps to restrain powerful enemies, immune to most adverse effects that can always be annoying no matter what level you are, instant healing with mates which is what pretty much all classes end up using often in endgame, good armor so you need less support from your party, access to things like Iron Faust, and so on. Otherwise I'd be a RAmar like I have since Dreamcast. I pick rangers because I love their play style and equips. I think RAmar is probably the best starting character. It's a pretty balanced character. Good ata to use new weapons quickly, resta to help with getting beat down, easy to use exp hoarding weapons, and overall access to some of the best gear in the game for kicking butt. I hear RAmarls are good for soloing, RAcasts good for ATP, and RAcaseals for heavy defense.

For IDs I usually use White or Blue as they have some good ubers in areas I like to play in.

Edited by Swirl