Dark Meteor Special Attack Colour

Shisui

Hey guys,

i dont know if its even possible but i would give some PDs for the one who could change the colour of the special attack from dark meteor from green to light blue

like the colour im using for the DM bullets:

R63SFzp.jpg

i dont know if needed but thats the file which changed the colour for the bullets xP

https://www.dropbox.com/s/md3vduw8c2tbpgr/particleentry.dat?dl=0

should be ID 17 or 18, which is 0,150 - 1,000 - 1,000

Thank you :)

Edited by Night
  • Like 2

@Soly , you have no idea which file includes the texture/colour for this? x: i mean bullets were found in the particleentry.dat

but couldnt find the special thingy..

Edited by Night

Never used the Particle programme but I had a look.

I have loaded up the file you posted, aswell as an original particle entry file. I compared and contrasted the ID and everything seems the same except the colours:

http://i.imgur.com/z2nzmo5.jpg

[EDIT] So something just clicked in me lol.

The ID's you provided is the 'normal bullet' of Dark Meteor, correct? You know you could have a dark blue going around that light blue (just saying). Well the biggest problem here for me is that I can't test anything out because I don't have a DM. But is it possible to produce one on the test server? Like can I go on there, get level 200, and create a DM to test it out?

The idea that I had was to go through the particle entry file (of course back up your original) and look for all the colours that are green or closely resemble DM special's colour. Check the name of the file/ID to see if you can distinguish whether it 'could' be that or 'not' and then change the colour to like a red/few different colours for the greens or something. Then once you found it by seeing the colour being changed in game then narrow it down lol, until you actually find the ID etc...

Edited by Junsui
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, Junsui said:

Never used the Particle programme but I had a look.

I have loaded up the file you posted, aswell as an original particle entry file. I compared and contrasted the ID and everything seems the same except the colours:

http://i.imgur.com/z2nzmo5.jpg

[EDIT] So something just clicked in me lol.

The ID's you provided is the 'normal bullet' of Dark Meteor, correct? You know you could have a dark blue going around that light blue (just saying). Well the biggest problem here for me is that I can't test anything out because I don't have a DM. But is it possible to produce one on the test server? Like can I go on there, get level 200, and create a DM to test it out?

The idea that I had was to go through the particle entry file (of course back up your original) and look for all the colours that are green or closely resemble DM special's colour. Check the name of the file to see if you can distinguish whether it 'could' be that or 'not' and then change the colour to like a red/few different colours for the greens or something. Then once you found it by actually changing the colour, narrow it down lol.

yep its just the normal bullet which you can see in the posted pic above. (i used light blue cause i love it more than dark blue)

if test server is still up you can make you any items

i already tried that.. changed every ID in all particleentryX.dat from any green to light blue.. but it doesnt seem the file includes the special. or its 2 diffrent IDs which are yellow and blue and mix to green but idk x:

7 minutes ago, Night said:

yep its just the normal bullet which you can see in the posted pic above. (i used light blue cause i love it more than dark blue)

if test server is still up you can make you any items

i already tried that.. changed every ID in all particleentryX.dat from any green to light blue.. but it doesnt seem the file includes the special. or its 2 diffrent IDs which are yellow and blue and mix to green but idk x:

I got confused initially as I thought that was the DM's special bullet lol. Its a nice blue I give you that! ^^;

Ah! How would I do that? I'm sure I had a link or came across that item creation programme recently, but can't remember if I still have it.

Oh really LOL?! Damn! Good point on the mixture of colours; perhaps it could be that or its somewhere else. The other particle entries are the levels and bosses on what I checked out; which I doubt it is in there... UNLESS... .. .

It could be in the Olga Flow particle entry data and the weapon that the character uses in game comes directly from Olga Flow's file. I think it could be that I'll check. :D

Edited by Junsui

nono dm uses no bullets for special xD

idk D: thats a question for soly/anyone who knows about. cause i got the item maker a long time ago from soly

was a boing raining saturday xD well next thing i wanna try is turning every file, every ID to sky blue but i dont know if there is something like export to excel and then import from an excel so i can just change it eaier/faster

yeah after some hours of checking/searching i lost patient for more searching xD

4 minutes ago, Night said:

nono dm uses no bullets for special xD

idk D: thats a question for soly/anyone who knows about. cause i got the item maker a long time ago from soly

was a boing raining saturday xD well next thing i wanna try is turning every file, every ID to sky blue but i dont know if there is something like export to excel and then import from an excel so i can just change it eaier/faster

yeah after some hours of checking/searching i lost patient for more searching xD

Sorry, when I say 'bullets' I mean the beams, or the projectiles that come out of the Dark Meteor.

Ah, never mind. I signed up to the test server as I found the item editor on my PC but the server isn't online at the moment (dang it!).

Haha, that be funny to see. Does the excel file even communicate with the particle files? I thought it is just a file that has all the entries in and if you edited on there it wouldn't update the particle files (could be wrong though).

Well definitively check out Olga Flow data file: particleentrya31

Go ham in there and see if it works. You can see his Dark Flow Special Beam in there (from what I can tell), so I am guessing the Dark Meteor one should be in there too. His attacks are pretty much just a scaled down version when using his weapons in game; so the game has to be drawing it from either folder or the main one IMO.

idk i mean the particle programm also shows it in string and columns. so why shouldnt it be able to export/import stuff? :P

ill try it thanks. i mean ive already tried them all but ill try again xD ill let you know about it then

If I had a DM myself, I'll be experimenting and trying it all out but I don't lol. So its all up to you! :P Maybe ask on Ephinea forum or something as I am sure someone must know.

On some weapons their projectiles are textures such as the Spread Needle photon bullet can be changed exported/imported with the Texture programme, then photoshop, paint.net etc... I found the DM texture but I couldn't see anything relating to the photons that it shoots unless its in the texture itself hiding away but I really doubt that. It does seem more particle then texture anyways.

1 hour ago, Junsui said:

If I had a DM myself, I'll be experimenting and trying it all out but I don't lol. So its all up to you! :P Maybe ask on Ephinea forum or something as I am sure someone must know.

On some weapons their projectiles are textures such as the Spread Needle photon bullet can be changed exported/imported with the Texture programme, then photoshop, paint.net etc... I found the DM texture but I couldn't see anything relating to the photons that it shoots unless its in the texture itself hiding away but I really doubt that. It does seem more particle then texture anyways.

sadly i cant lend you mine actually x.x its totaly in use and in need..

but ill try to figure that out lol.

@Junsui i just changed the main particleentry.dat to sky blue and im now 100% sure the special of DM  is not included in there xD

and just to let you know. thats how the DM special looks like: darkmeteor3.jpg

I just checked and the special is not part of the photon color.
I don't really know where it could be, maybe there is some other particle file or who knows.

Also, yes the test server is down, I'll probably put it up again but we are testing some other stuff and it might go down any time.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Soly said:

I don't really know where it could be, maybe there is some other particle file or who knows.

Also, yes the test server is down, I'll probably put it up again but we are testing some other stuff and it might go down any time.

yeah i just noticed that too since ive edited every ID entry to sky blue and no change..

but what i actually dont get:

in the particle editor folder (which lee made?) are files from particleentry0.dat till particleentry46.dat & particleentry.dat

but in the PSOBB data folder i can only find particleentry36 till particleentry46.dat & particleentry.dat

do you know why?

16 minutes ago, Night said:

@Junsui i just changed the main particleentry.dat to sky blue and im now 100% sure the special of DM  is not included in there xD

and just to let you know. thats how the DM special looks like: darkmeteor3.jpg

You went through the whole 500+ ID's? So you used colour code that would make Sky Blue, and then you arrow'd key your way down the list spamming ctrl+v LOL!?

Must of took you some time and endurance lol! Determination for that blue beam. Have you tried the Olga file yet?

7 minutes ago, Soly said:

Ahhhh! Its a strange one. I kinda want to find it because it'll be good for future reference as someone will want to have it changed and will ask.

That sounds good! If the server stays down or whatever no worries :)! Ty...