can't make a char

lostcause

got the game installed today from your installer work fine up to the point where i want to make a char selected what race i want but wont let me go any further i pressed every button on the keybord and nothing it just wont let me chose a char but it will let me chose a race ie i chose hunter but when i try chose what class of hunter nothing wont let me go any further im useing vista so i use the vista exe just dont know what im doing wrong hope someone can help

humm probably is the configuration of your keyboard,, you must have it as USA layout keyboard.

no iv tryed that i even tryed a different server and im having the same problem i select hunter then when i want to select what hunter class i want to be i can scroll down to it but cant press enter to create the char all other buttons work u can move the scroll up and down ecape works just dont know why it wont make the char its driving me crazy.

no iv tryed that i even tryed a different server and im having the same problem i select hunter then when i want to select what hunter class i want to be i can scroll down to it but cant press enter to create the char all other buttons work u can move the scroll up and down ecape works just dont know why it wont make the char its driving me crazy.

Do you have Joystick, plug it to the computer?? if is that the case ,, please disconnect it , and try again.

• 5 weeks later...
I have the same problem, but I just can't type anything in for the character's name. I did un plug my usb controller. Is there a solution to this problem?

this has been help a lot of persons, is in spanish but the pictures are helpful , http://phantasystaronline.net/forum/index.php?showtopic=28

and if you are using vista , execute the game with the vonline.exe

I have the same problem, but I just can't type anything in for the character's name. I did un plug my usb controller. Is there a solution to this problem?

I got the solution, as long as I'm using this myself. You guys have to add the japanese keyboard support (Microsoft IME). If you wanna type something, just switch to Microsoft IME and hold the Shift button on while typing.