Ranger Related Question

I just wanted get the an opinion/some help from any of you guys who are experienced with playing high level rangers.

I'm currently playing a RAmarl at lv99 and am working my way through ultimate mode in episode 1 and very hard 2 and 3. Recently my damage output has been terrible, I started noticing it in very hard mode but now in ultimate it's getting to a point where I'm almost useless to the rest of my team, who are at a similar level but are a hunter/ force they have better attack power and magic.

Anyway getting more to the point. I've been using pretty much the same weapons since hard mode and I feel like that's probably the reason for my terrible damage. Basically all I have is a Varista and a Wals MK2. I've run into tons of hunter weapons and from what ive seen most ranger weapons have low propailities of showing up.

I'm a purplenum and I just wanted to get some advice on the best places to get any better ranger weapons.

donating is an easy way to get good weps, plus it helps da server. other than that maybe u just got bad luck XD

It might be a good idea to check out the drops your section ID gets using any of various section IDs. As a ranger, using status on enemies will help your team out drastically, whether it's using a Frozen Shooter to freeze an enemy so it can be beaten down or a spread needle to paralyze an entire room (lower end, "for-now" equips include demon's/arrest/hell rayguns/lasers for inflicting status on enemies or outright HP cutting/killing. You have high ATA as a ranger, use it! (although, admittedly, you have the worst of all Rangers' ATA, from what I can remember) Also don't forget Shifta/Zalure especially. They help out a lot and unless your team's force is taking care of the buffs (if you have a force, they should be), you may need to use those in order to increase damage output not only for yourself, but your allies as well.

This is from somebody who hasn't played in nearly a year and forgot a lot of what he knows, but you can get yourself up to speed fairly quickly with just a few choice status weapons to aid your team. (You don't really want to use status arms/mechs because reductions apply).

• 3 weeks later...

I'm pretty low level right now. Just got a shot (spread weapon) to leech experience from enemies while doing almost no damage so I'm relying on others. I plan to keep doing this until I find some good units, gain more levels, feed MAG, and find better weapons. I'm helping out my team with traps as I'm a RAcaseal. Just do your best. Later on you'll be owning. Rangers rule PSO with their weapons. As a RAmarl you got good techniques to support your team. Use what you got and stick with it.

I'm pretty low level right now. Just got a shot (spread weapon) to leech experience from enemies while doing almost no damage so I'm relying on others. I plan to keep doing this until I find some good units, gain more levels, feed MAG, and find better weapons. I'm helping out my team with traps as I'm a RAcaseal. Just do your best. Later on you'll be owning. Rangers rule PSO with their weapons. As a RAmarl you got good techniques to support your team. Use what you got and stick with it.

I don't know how active the trading is in the Ultima community, but from experience on the official servers and another private server, I would highly recommend you play in Ep4 very hard for a while. This will net you some good exp. Save your Photon drops and Photon crystals you find and use them to trade for better items. It works without fail for me.

I don't know how active the trading is in the Ultima community, but from experience on the official servers and another private server, I would highly recommend you play in Ep4 very hard for a while. This will net you some good exp. Save your Photon drops and Photon crystals you find and use them to trade for better items. It works without fail for me.

Good advice ^^