Need some help with gimp tool texture editing

solo guy

Hi there : ) been doing a lot of skin work recently and I'm getting to a point where I think I'm nearly there but I'm missing somthing? Using the gimp editing tool when ever I modify a texture dds and try and put it back in to game it corrupts and shows up as the grid size with just coloured blocks and obviously crashes game. I've tried rescaling files that work to there better larger scales(sizes I know work in game for a fact) and it still corrupts. I'm not sure what I'm not doing right but if someone else uses the gimp program and edits textures I would really appreciate the help as I'm working on some cool skins for the community and I'm currently stuck using only existing textures used in different places to create new looks . Please Help : )

Hi there Shiva : ) , I know you make some quality skins but wasn't sure what program you used . I'm trying to repair the broken soul reaper hucast skin on pso univers and I think the problems it has are the scale of the larger textures are to big, I've used the face and the other part at 512x512 and they are fine but other parts are to big or unrecognised sizes . I really think I'm just not clicking somthing I should in the gimp program but if you download the soul reaper plA.tex file you will see what I'm trying to work with and only certain bits are correct sizes. What tool do you use to edit ? And if you could have a look at the skin mentioned and see what you think that would be awesome : )

oh, im using these too.

btw im using the programm paint.net for it. gimp didnt worked for me either with the plugin and photoshop for texturing. its not a thing about the size.

on what coloe do u need the skin?

Edited by Shiva

i thought it was size related as ive seen only 512x512 as the best supported size for body textures and those are larger in that skin , hence why it crashes or dosnt show up. can you rescale on paint.net? also photoshop isn't free : ( there are a few skins on the site with awesome textures that should work but i believe are incorrect sizes and game wont display them. For that skin inparticular i just wanted all the textures to usable in game so i could use them in different places but due to gimp not working ive been stuck, so your saying you can see all those textures in the game for the soul reaper hucast skin? i thought the larger ones were broken as when i add them to my game for example in the RAcast main body slot it crashes ?

TY for the link : ) my German is scheisse so I'm looking forward to trying this program later when I'm on my computer as after watching the video it seems similar to stuff I've seen before . Hopefully I can get this working and start making some quality skins : )

• Like 1

Yeah I think the problem I had was when I exported my textures I didn't do it in the right way, I did it to dds bit in the check box after clicking export other options came up and I left it as it was but I the end I changed to 1st option (can't remember at min what it said) but I think now I can add texture I want into game , I will find out later when I get some real time on this : )