Palette Manager partially working

Depassage

hiya,

I have a problem with the palette manager, setting it in the options and with the command works fine.

However, the alternate keys (control+number) doesn't work at all despite they are displayed. Am i only one with win7 having this issue?

25 minutes ago, Depassage said:

hiya,

I have a problem with the palette manager, setting it in the options and with the command works fine.

However, the alternate keys (control+number) doesn't work at all despite they are displayed. Am i only one with win7 having this issue?

Try using this program, it works the same as the in game palette manager put its a 3rd party program ^^ I use it and I like it better than thein game manager. Its always just a few clicks away.

http://files.pioneer2.net/tofuman/PSOBB Palette Manager.rar

https://www.pioneer2.net/community/threads/tools-by-tofuman.39/

• Like 2

Well the palette manager by Tofuman works, but it's still the same problem no way to do ctrl+number to cast a tech or to use the additonnal 10 buttons guess it's again considered as a hotkey and I don't plan to upgrade my Os at all. Thanks for the support thought

4 minutes ago, Soly said:

When I figure out how to not crash the game with my hotkeys, I'll do it :P

Regarding to the alternate hotbar, pso wont let you use it unless you use a controller.

Does that mean if i plug a x360 controller and choose to use the Keyboard as controls, would it work?

Basically, if you press Control in the keyboard, the game blocks the second hotbar (or something like that) you need to use the button in the controller.
I guess you could do a reverse mapping, mapping Control to whatever the button it is in the controller, if that's even possible but I assume you'd still require to have a controller plugged in.

Maybe there is a controller emulator somewhere?

Potentially dumb questions here, but I can't figure it out for the life of me and searching/google weren't any help. I'm only able to configure the 3 primary actions, 3 secondary actions, and a single set of 1-0 actions (16 total bindings). However, it sounds like I'm supposed to be able to configure a secondary set of 1-0 actions that can be accessed by using the secondary button on controller + numbers 1-0 (26 total bindings), right? Then are there also palette sets 0-9 accessed with /palette (or hotkeys but I have XP) that will load different configurations of those 26 bindings as well or something?

Whenever I customize the 1-0 bar in game it always pushes it to both the primary and secondary 1-0 bars. Due to this, I wasn't even aware there is a secondary 1-0 bar until I tried tofuman's palette manager which only seems to push it to the primary 1-0 bar, and then afterwards noticed that when I held my secondary action button on the controller the 1-0 bar then went blank indicating there's actually a toggle taking place for more than just those 3 actions on the right while held.

So my main question would be how do I configure those primary and secondary 1-0 bars separately so they aren't just the same thing repeated twice?

The other thing I can't figure out is how /palette works. "Loading" palettes 0-9 doesn't seem to actually do anything at all for me. Is there a specific method involved for saving into a palette slot? Figured it'd work something like: Have palette 0 loaded, configure with mappings set A, load palette 1, configure with mappings set B, then when I load palette 0 it'd bring that mappings set A setup back again. However, loading the other palette ID just changes nothing, as if the customizations I make seem to be universal or something and get applied to all palettes and not just the palette ID that is loaded.

If you use keyboard, the secondrary hotbar (1-0) won't activate. You need to use a controller.

To configure the palette command, open the launcher, right click on the options button and configure the palettes.

• Like 1

Awesome, thanks! I do use a controller as I mentioned, but with the number keys and other things mapped externally to it. I have the normal gamepad controls' button for the alternate palette rather than having a button mapped to emulate the ctrl key of the keyboard, so no worries there and am able to activate them fine. I had looked in the launcher but wouldn't have thought to try right clicking it to configure the palettes.