Aloha! Coming back from the DC version!

BlackKnightB

Aloha All!

I played 1000 hours on the dreamcast (and probably XBOX version) and for some reason I had a sudden wave of nostalgia come over me.  I really wanted to share my fond memories of the PSO community with my 8 year old son.

I was searching how to play with him and it seems like the only way to play co-op is to buy a gamecube and gamecube version of the game ($50) on ebay, but unfortunately you dont get to play the online version which is what really makes this game....the community.

I just wanted to post about how happy I am to have found the Ultima community!

My son and I logged on for the first time last night and just as I remember a Force user logged on and took him threw a run and introduced him to the magical world of PSO!

Thanks so much Atsuko!

Looking forward to enjoying this game again and this community.

I would love to log on with him and play, but I guess I would need another computer....hummm....might be worth it!

Brian

I hear there is a way to multi-log with controllers.  So if you have 2 monitors you can play side by side, though typing might be a challenge.  I think that's on page 104 or so of the 'Ask a quick question' thread.  I'll link it in a second.

EDIT: Found it, top of page 99.

They can with controllers. If properly set up, can use controllers to control each client separately regardless of which window is active. Just have to make sure only the correct controller is plugged in before launching it's respective pso client, and just unplug it while launching the second client so that only it's respective controller is plugged in at launch time.

e.g.
1. Plug Controller 1
2. Launch Client 1
3. Unplug Controller 1
4. Plug Controller 2
5. Launch Client 2
6. Replug Controller 1

Edited by Lemon

Just to update in case someone else is trying to play two players on the same computer it is possible.

Thanks Lemon for pointing me in the right direction.

My son and I logged on to two separate client windows on the same computer and played side by side with two controllers with the method described above....and then randomly joined Lemons Room!!

It was a little tricky and I am not sure exactly how I did it, but it took me a few tries of unplugging and plugging in controllers until it worked perfectly.