launcher wont start cause it gets blocked by data execution prevention

hi i have a problem cause pso instantly chrashes with a fatal error.. and after 5 hours trieing to get pso working i give up

i followed this thread:  (cause i have win 8 on gf's laptop & nothing other helped)

and everything worked to add to data execution prevention.. except the launcher where i get following info:

problem.png

this message says that i cant deactivate the data execution prevention for the launcher

and i coud deactive with active data execution prevention.. but i tried everything and it wont work x-x

im trieing to get the game working since 5 hours without any chance.. so please help me now D:

sorry if its german xD if you need translation pm me :x

TY FOR EVERY HELP!

Edited by Nightmare2.0
  • Like 1

Have you tried completely turning off the DEP subsystem completely, rather than just selectively for this game? See if this helps in bypassing DEP temporarily. Ensure that you enable it back once you complete the installation.

Here’s how:

1. Type cmd in the start search menu, right-click on it and select Run as Administrator.

2. Once the command prompt is open, you can now disable the DEP by entering the following command line.

bcdedit.exe /set nx AlwaysOff

3. And to enable it back,

bcdedit.exe /set nx AlwaysOn

the same..

i got it working but reeeeeealy weird..

it always starts with a normal window but in japenese.. then it download texture pack and a few other things.. now i schouldn't change any options cause it would start it again in japenese and start downloading..

after the japenese/downloadstart if i dont change options, it starts with a small window but works ^^

if i close the working window and restart, all begin again

1. japenese + download

2. it work now if i havent changed any option

oh and i forgot.. only 16bit working

otherwise with 32bit i get instanty, after the 1. black screen with the text loading bottom right,a win message that psobb stoped working x-x

Edited by Nightmare2.0

if its w8 then it comes preinsatalled (I think) ... I don't think is fault of the launcher as it has been working correctly even for wXP. did you try the other radio button in the dep settings tho?

1 hour ago, Soly said:

if its w8 then it comes preinsatalled (I think)

ya its preinstalled..

ya soly :c i tried everything in the dep settings.. it does not work x-x

well funny thing is that the soly launcher works ( every time i start it download a few things - to fast to see what - i could only see the last thing, an file who is called "zelda....")

after i hit start game the game imediately chrashes with win message who says psobb stopped working

same at standard launcher if i choose 32 bit...

but soly.. could it be that if visual C+ doesnt work then pso also doesnt work?

cause i can remember, all the problems for pso started at that time i got first message that something about the running time of visual c+ isnt working ^^ its a new laptop.. maybe a few months older than my computer... and i never had such problems with my computer (w10) like with the laptop of my gf (w8) ^^ also 1 or 2 month it worked with each resolution or setting perfectly O.o

1 hour ago, Soly said:

I don't think is fault of the launcher as it has been working correctly even for wXP

& ive never said that its the fault of your launcher! i know your launcher works defenitly fine c:

Edited by Nightmare2.0

Oh... I understood that my launcher was crashing... not the client itself... cuz you said stuff about DEP..
What you see in my launcher isn't downloading, is just checking files.

You say it crashes when you select 32 bit, if you select 16 bit it works? ... if so, with my launcher setting to 16 bit works? 
I don't think it has to do with the VC++ runtime, the application probably wouldn't even start (and I think pso doesn't need it anyway).

And... can you check if you have this folder C:\Users\Username\AppData\Local\CrashDumps\ 
You should see there the crash dumps of pso, of you have them, make pso crash (by starting it with the settings that crash) and send me the latest pso crash dump please (by mega or some file sharing site)

no with your launcher no setting works :x

only with the standard launcher it works with the 16 bits..

i cant actually look into but if im on the laptop i will send you the file c: