is starting the game from the Launcher always required?

Toker509

Hello!

I have a quick question, I like to display what game i am playing in steam, but in order to that i have to start the game directly from steam. If i add the launcher in steam it only shows that i am playing for a few seconds in steam. But if i add psobw.exe to steam and start that directly from steam it always shows i am playing PSOBB which is what i want. Now my question is: is the launcher required in order to save the game or anything else like that? Do i always have to use the launcher? I just want to know so i don't break my game or save file. Thanks for any help! :)

These doges are breeding....

First ING, then Moiy, and now this one....

We're all doomed. *Sighs*

Also to answer your question I used PSOBB the same way launching via Steam, but since Steam wouldn't register it as a 'legit' game I had issues not only running it, but keeping it running without an instant crash. This game crashes a ton already for little to no reason other than 'because the game feels like it'. So if I were you I would use the launcher when starting the game as Soly does update the launcher, but as for what good it does I honestly don't know.

Just run it via the PSOBB launcher until someone can provide you a better answer.

• Like 1

The answer to the question is no, nor the old launcher neither mine require to start the game. however the launcher updates files so i'd at least run the launcher from time to time to be up to date with files and things. now I didn't think of it but I'll see if I can add a steam mode to my launcher so you can have the steam game thing and the game get the overlay.

Well... that's very weird, I knew how to do it and spend some time doing it, but apparently even without the code I added, the game grabs the overlay and steam says i'm online as well.

And also does with the old launcher. Maybe is some setting you have in steam?

xWkNFJ7.jpg

Edited by Soly