Fomar Build?

hiei

Hey I have a level 150 fomar. Current equipped items are; De Rol Le Shield, Select Cloak, Brave Hammer, Units are v801, god/Tech, god/mind, heaven/mind. I want to find new items for him but have no idea what would be good for armor or weps. Suggestions?

Godric's Cloak always. They should be no such thing as a "pure magic" FOmar build because the FOmar can max out atp, mst, ata, and luck at level 200 with the help of godric's cloak, and the main gear you would use on a "pure magic" FOmar would be stuff like psycho bridge and hylian shield. Which you would bring with you on any FOmar anyways oftentimes. As far as mother garb+ goes, saving TP doesn't really matter much because you're never gonna run out of fluids either way. The random tech boost for grants is nice, but if you think of the situations you will be using grants while focusing on magic you'll realize that the ATA boost from Godric's Cloak would be equally if not more effective. Dorphons, Goran Detenator, and Zus would all die quicker using demon weapons (like bringer's rifle which you want ATA for) than they would with just grants.

As far as gear goes. Excalibur, 100 Souls, Master Sword, Ultima Reaper, Bringer's Rifle, Slicer Of Fanatic, Slicer Of Vengeance, Hell Raygun (with hit or Type/GU handgun with hell), Holy Ray, Girasole, Type/ME Mechguns (1 with charge and 1 with demon special), Psycho Bridge, Glide Divine, Rico's Parasol and Dark Bridge would be some of the first things that comes to mind. The FOmar does best with weapons that have high hit. Considering these are rare weapons, getting them with hit is very difficult.

For shields you just want Red Ring and Hylian Shield.

I could give you recommendations on what you could hunt for now, but I don't know your section ID or what section IDs you have available.

Asteron Belt is pretty cheap even though you can only hunt it during Christmas. It's a weaker version of Ultima Reaper with less power and a worse special. Even Ultima Reaper isn't too expensive (around 10 pds without hit). Save up some pds and getting one of those would be beneficial.

Edited by tru
  • Like 1

it matters on if your a melee FOmar or a pure magic FOmar once you tell us what one you are planning to be then people could help a lot more :3

Idk I thought about being pure magic but I do like having the option of switching it up and being melee so I think I'll go with being melee

I could give you recommendations on what you could hunt for now, but I don't know your section ID or what section IDs you have available.

The only two ids I have access too are Yellow and Viridia with the FOmar being Yellow

I also thought that Godric's cloak was broken, or has it been fixed since?

Edited by hiei

The only two ids I have access too are Yellow and Viridia with the FOmar being Yellow

I also thought that Godric's cloak was broken, or has it been fixed since?

Yes Godric's Cloak has been fixed!

Viridia gets Standstill Shield very easily which I would say is slightly better than de rol lie shield because of the resistances

Viridia and Yellowboze get C-bringer's right arm

Caduceus is alright and you can get that on yellowboze

Yellowboze can get holy ray, but it's easier with bluefull

That's a few things. You can always hunt other stuff and sell it to get stuff you do need.