Cannot start the game

Ok, then, we will need to know exactly what type of pc do you have ?

Laptop ? desktop ? CPU ? RAM ? GPU ? HDD ? HDD space left ? Display Resolution ? GPU driver numbers ? any BSOD (blue screen of death) recently ? any crash or freeze ? Directx updated ?

And finally, you said:

Can you say us more about this ? windowed ? Full-screen ? what resolution used for the game and desktop ? Can you take some screenshot before reaching patching process ? (hide your guildcard/log info though)

Sorry, but since your case seems a bit complicated, we need the most information possible. :(

Desktop,

Intel i7 Ivy Bridge 3770

32gb of DDR3 ram

Nvidia Geforce GTX 780TI

Seagate Desktop HDD 2TB

280GB of space left

Display resolution 1920X1080

GPU driver version is 347.09

no BSOD's or crashes recently

Directx is updated.

And in the case of the PSOBw working, it was from the update on the site under the full download. It was Windowed at 1280x720 with 32bit colour depth. My desktop was still at 1920x1080. It wouldn't start from the wOnline.exe so I ran the PSOBw as an administrator and the game opened up and let me log in. Once I did it would download the first patch, then I hit enter the program ends, I open it again, a second patch, it finished and the program ends. THen the third time it tries to patch the PSOBB.pat file does it and I close the program again. Open it up log in and hit start game and it downloads a patch for the PSOBB.pat. This part happens endlessly unless I use the wOnline.exe and then start game. I get a "Failed to upload patch" error and the game won't open after that.

Here's the screenshots of the process. http://imgur.com/a/q3OG9

But there is something I don't understand here. How do you get wOnline.exe and wOption.exe ?

I mean, I downloaded the game again (from the ultima site), uninstalled and deleted my previous folder. re-installed the game in another place, looked before, under and after the patch. And not only once I got those files in the folder.

What are you doing to get those files in the folder ? does they arrive everytime you start the game or you manually insert them ?

It's the "Latest Patch" in the downloads http://www.phantasystaronline.net/downloads.php

those are the files in the rar.