Sphereing arrest needle

has anyone actually done the math on the dps of a fully sphered Arrest needle vs charge arms ? im wondering if its worth it to sphere mine. it already has 50 dark and seems to do very good dps on dark enemies.

Yes. Arrest Needle is extremely strong. If i had the pds I would sphere mine! But take into fact they are 2 completely different weapons. When you are fighting having your AN be extremely strong is nice and you don't have to change weapons. It also shoots a decent amount faster then Shots like the Arms. However I can see if you would rather keep the pds and just Arrest enemies and then switch to charged arms to kill. I love my AN so a little bias but I think a sphere'd out AN is badass. Personal call overall.

On my Racast with 4pb buffs I can hit strong attack 1100s with 35 native on enemies in MAD4MD. Definately has the power potential:D

It depends on a lot on whether or not you have buffs, charge will become way stronger if you have good buffs. For example, with a force providing 30 buffs and debuffs, a 0% dark baranz launcher charge attack does almost exactly 1.5x the damage of a 40% dark arrest needle hard attack in ruins. Sphereing either to 100 dark would give same amount of extra atp vs dark, but the baranz would scale almost twice as well with the better attack multiplier from charge(hard attack multiplier is 1.89, charge attack multiplier is 3.32). If you plan on doing a lot of runs with no buffs you might consider it, but charge attack multiplier will easily outscale it with any decent buffs.

Edited by Fyrewolf5