[GUIDE] Attack combos

gemek

Welcome to my first guide on the forums. After learning enough of PSO Logic (and seeing that there is no such guide) I decided to make one. it's about Attack combos. Let's get started!

1. Possible attacks.

1.1 "Attack":

Accuracy: High

Damage: Low

Utility: Almost none

Your usual sword's swing. This attack shouldn't miss AT ANY CIRCUMSTACES, if it does, then you're too weak for that Area/Difficulty.

1.2 "Heavy Attack":

Accuracy: Medium

Damage: Medium

Utility: Some

This time You're dealing way more damage! However, it requires charging a little bit, so make sure a Booma isn't gonna rekt You before You hit it.

1.3 "Special Attack":

Accuracy: Medium Low - Low

Damage: Very Low - Very High

Utility: Nice - Extreme

As long as You don't miss 99% of the time it's pretty useful. Specials range from Berserk, Spirit, Charge (Way moar damage) thru Arrest, Blizzard, Chaos (Utility) and Gush, Geist, King's (Drain HP, TP, XP respectively) to Hell (High Insta-kill ratio).

2. Combo.

2.1 What is combo?

Combo is a string of 1-3 attacks performed right after another. To do a combo press an Attack button (a button binded to one of 3 attack options) when the previous one is ending. Every consecutive hit in a combo is more accurate than the previous. To describe combos we'll be using those abbreviations:

A - Attack

H - Heavy Attack

S - Special Attack

2.2 Types of combos with explanation ^^.

AAA - Standard combo when entering a new difficulty level - in other words H & S aren't accurate enough to be any good. VERY rarely used.

HHH - Another standard combo. Used more frequently. Used when S is not accurate enough/sucks balls in current situation.

AHH - Yet another standard combo. used when the 1st combo strike'd miss if it'd be a H.

AAH - Similar to above ^, but 2nd hit is also not accurate enough.

AHS - Similar to above ^, but the 3rd attack is a S.

ASS - Like AHH but with a S.

SSS - This combo can deal most damage possible in a combo, but a few contions MUST be fulfilled: Insane Accuracy, Correct S and a plenty of whatever S will drain. Also used to activate S which has low activation rate.

AH - Combo used when enemies hit You quite hard. Finishing on 2nd hit should allow You to avoid the enemies' attack.

AS - The same as above, but with a S.

SA - A combo exploting the "Slicer glitch" where if a projectile is in air (It can be executed with some meele weapons I think) and another one is sent it gains the accuracy of the new one. Easiest to pull of on Slicers hence the name.

SAS - Advanced version of above ^.

Edited by gemek

Just to note, Normal Attack can be nice to help stop monsters from advancing, often a SSS will make the monster still close in on you, but a NSS keeps them at bay better. Most combos should be started with normal even if just to stop the monster in its tracks. You need really really good hit to do heavy or special first, and sometimes it will just never work (especially with enemy evp in ep 2). You can also delay each attack in your combos pretty significantly; this can be useful to keep enemies constantly flinching from your attacks with proper timing.

There are also at least 3 other combos that could be included off the top of my head.

NH or NS - This is a great combo in ultimate difficulty. The 2nd attack has good recovery and you can dodge the enemies counter attack and just repeat this over until they fall. Special attacks don't push enemies back like Hard attacks, so it can be a bit trickier with that, but it's still doable with practice. A skilled player can do NS combos with zerk and never be in danger of actually being hit by monsters if they know how to dodge.

NHS - This is often good on low accuracy chars/weapons, where you are only really going to hit with last attack but the 2nd heavy attack helps push the opponent away enough that they can't really gain any ground on you. I do this with hell rayguns on fomarl and fonewm in ep 2 sometimes.

SN or SNS - The Special Normal Glitch aka the Slicer Glitch. This takes advantage of a glitch where if you get off another attack while the first attack's projectile is still traveling / hasn't yet hit, that first projectile/attack gets the new ata of the second attack used. This is incredibly powerful boost, as a second normal attack is extremely accurate (far more than even a third special attack is). Easiest to do with slicers due to the projectile speed (hence slicer glitch), it is also possible with several other weapon types too (even melee types like doublesabers, though that one is very tricky to pull off).

• Like 1

SSS - Best combo of all.

Untrue. At least I think it is. Even with v502 and a 100%/80%hit weapon, you can still miss the first strike.

I personally prefer ASS (If you know what I mean) because the A animation is really quick and it take less time to fire the second and third shot compared to SSS (I hope my sentence make any sense).

Just to note, Normal Attack can be nice to help stop monsters from advancing, often a SSS will make the monster still close in on you, but a NSS keeps them at bay better. Most combos should be started with normal even if just to stop the monster in its tracks. You need really really good hit to do heavy or special first, and sometimes it will just never work (especially with enemy evp in ep 2). You can also delay each attack in your combos pretty significantly; this can be useful to keep enemies constantly flinching from your attacks with proper timing.

There are also at least 3 other combos that could be included off the top of my head.

NH or NS - This is a great combo in ultimate difficulty. The 2nd attack has good recovery and you can dodge the enemies counter attack and just repeat this over until they fall. Special attacks don't push enemies back like Hard attacks, so it can be a bit trickier with that, but it's still doable with practice. A skilled player can do NS combos with zerk and never be in danger of actually being hit by monsters if they know how to dodge.

NHS - This is often good on low accuracy chars/weapons, where you are only really going to hit with last attack but the 2nd heavy attack helps push the opponent away enough that they can't really gain any ground on you. I do this with hell rayguns on fomarl and fonewm in ep 2 sometimes.

SN or SNS - The Special Normal Glitch aka the Slicer Glitch. This takes advantage of a glitch where if you get off another attack while the first attack's projectile is still traveling / hasn't yet hit, that first projectile/attack gets the new ata of the second attack used. This is incredibly powerful boost, as a second normal attack is extremely accurate (far more than even a third special attack is). Easiest to do with slicers due to the projectile speed (hence slicer glitch), it is also possible with several other weapon types too (even melee types like doublesabers, though that one is very tricky to pull off).

SA, AHS and SAS added. AH and AS already were in. EDIT: Changed the indication to SSS to that Accuracy needed is GIGANTIC.

Untrue. At least I think it is. Even with v502 and a 100%/80%hit weapon, you can still miss the first strike.

I personally prefer ASS (If you know what I mean) because the A animation is really quick and it take less time to fire the second and third shot compared to SSS (I hope my sentence make any sense).

Well, if You have Berserk/Spirit/Charge and You don't miss... then it IS best. I did mention the Accuracy.

Edited by gemek