Game not launching

imthejanitor

its AVG then. to be honest avg is pretty rubbish. use ad-aware, its free, its not invasive and its not a resource hog like avg is. when you install it will flag your exe but it actually listens when you say ignore it and it won't screw with it again.

do a fresh install and try again :x

hmmm okay so its not av, you've changed rez, you're running as admin, and you're positive the exe wasn't quarantined? and you've tried deleting the folder for fresh install?

hmm uhhh ummmm :x added an exception in your firewall? hmm i'm at a loss :x maybe someone else has an idea

http://www.phantasystaronline.net/forum/index.php/topic/22843-getting-the-game-running/

If the program itself / exe is not running at all, its highly unlikely its a firewall issue. It could possibly be graphics related. However, if it opened once I would find that less likely.

The most likely cause is another program is interferring with it. Could be a program like steam / another game ( they often have anti cheat programs similar to AV). It could be a graphics program similar to photoshop (they dont like to share the graphics processor). It could be a second AV that you just consider more of a 'cleaner' than an antivirus. Or perhaps your anti virus is not 100% uninstalled.

Also you say you are running as admin. However, did you make ALL exe files admin?

Edited by nunnbt473

Afaik any program started from a program with admin rights will have admin rights.. so just running the launcher as admin should do it.

And well, is still not clear you said it launched but then wont launch. If you can try my launcher it should tell you the reason it could not open the program. If it doesn't tell you and closes (the launcher) then the game is properly launching but something is forcing it close most likely resolution or "corrupted" registry entries.

Edited by Soly

I have the same problem. Windows 8.1. online.exe opens and I can change settings, but as soon as a launch I get a windows in the top left that opens for a second and then closes. :(

EDIT: Just tested with windowed mode and it worked!!! ODD. So I can run windowed but not full screen!? Have to see if I can fix that!

EDIT 2: OK got it working but now it freezes when I am about to enter the lobby!

Edited by Lee Swain

Looks like the last issue was because I had tried to run it in compatibility mode. Working fine now. Not sure what the issue was but I let it though Windows Defender, Firewall and set everything to run as Admin, then ran it in Windowed mode and it worked, downloaded the patched and ran it full screen and I was good to go (once I turned off compatibility mode).

Thanks for your help! Ragol here I come! :)