Not getting sound effects

chaosknight

I tend to watch anime when I'm playing PSO, so I turn off the BGM and leave the SE on. The other day I was playing on a different computer in another room with both BGM and SE on. Upon returning to my primary gaming computer, I noticed that I could not get the sound effects to work on the game. I have tried with BGM off and on and it doesn't change the fact that SE wont play. I don't have this issue on any of my other computers and I've tried deleting the game and reinstalling but my options are still saved somehow. Can anyone please help me? This is just related to sound effects. I have no issues with the BGM.

Run the exe, you go to Options > Sound>Sound effects.

Check the global sound focus if it doesn't work too and in the options for any sound options too.

Pretty much click everything? :P

Which launcher are you using, my options are based on the original options program... they should simply work.

If you try to mess everything and it doesn't work, could you send me the values of the registry entry at this location

HKEY_CURRENT_USER\SOFTWARE\SonicTeam\PSOBB

SOUNDCTRL = <binary value>

NOTE: Do NOT post your account name or the values of the password entries :)

Edited by Soly

Your sound options are the same as mine... the only thing i noticed is the entry EXT0 which i dont have, you could backup the registry keys right clicking on PSOBB in the tree view, select export and save it somewhere, delete EXT0 right clicking on it and delete. Then try again.

I don't know what that entry is for, but I don't have it (never had it) and should work just fine without it, either way you will have a backup that you can just double click and add to the registry so it will be as before.

Edit: I added EXT0 to my reg keys and set the same value as you and everything worked fine... so it probably wont change anything. Still worth to try.

Edited by Soly
  • Like 1

I tried, but to no avail. I then deleted everything from the registry and reinstalled the software and still had no luck. I really have no idea what could be causing this. Very frustrating.... I wonder if it's related to my Windows 10 Upgrade....

I was able to figure out my problem. Wanted to post the solution on here in case anyone else runs into this issue. I had my speaker configuration set incorrectly within windows. I had 5.1 set as my speaker configuration. When I set it to stereo, I started getting the sound effects again. The configurations messed up when I switched to Windows 10. Thanks for your help guys!