Update takes forever

Ivan Chertov

Hi fellow pso-fans,

I'm located in Germany and I've downloaded the game client yesterday unfortunately I wasn't able to download the latest patch2.8.rar for some reason.

Any way, the game client starts.

I'm able to log in, start a game and than it start the update of the game.

I'm now at 36% of the current status and 20% of the All Status (2/11) after...20 hours...

Is it normal??? I had difficulties to log into the forum and was only able to do so by connecting with my facebook account.

Are Germany banned from this PSO server???

I have already followed the instruction listed in the FAQ so the updates actualy started

but they're very very slow.

No that's not normal. Updates should occur only after you immediately log in, before choosing the character you want to play. On my version there are several different .exe files I can use to start the game, some of them are bugged and always try to update the client, have you tried the other files with the blue burst logo to see if they work correctly?

If you were able to connect, then all should be fine...

The forum and game sever are not related afaik, and if you were able to start the patch in the game, then you are not banned/blocked.

Has your internet had issues before?

• Like 1

oh crap, so the programm need 5 hours to download 30mb??? O.o

I'm now at 25% on All Status and current status is 6%

Why is it so slow? What will happen if I stop the update, will it reset all already installed updates?

If you mean the "Patch 2.8" that is to replace the client files to be able to connect to ultima. that patch is not the files you are downloading.

Either way, the patch should not take that long.