Alt tabing & some newbie questions

Lkcynric

Hi there!

I'm new to the game. Enjoying it so far except for one thing. Every time I alt tab away from the game (to check the controls image) the game just closes. I've already learned to accept it, but I decided to ask if there's a way to avoid it closing.

Also, I'm playing solo since I knew basically nothing about the game, but after getting my quest reward I always end up having to recreate a group. Is there a way to keep going without making one every time I complete a quest?

Finally one last thing. The login server is down. I check the site news and forum server/news to check if there's any info on that. There isn't. Where can I find information on it? its not a big deal, but in case is something like maintenance I would like to know. Its probably somewhere obvious and I missed it, so sorry about it.

Thank you for your time and help! :)

Are you playing fullscreen or window mode? Would be easier with window mode to check things, I don't think the game handles well the window closing from full screen.

To leave quests faster do the command /lobby it will take you back to lobby

You can check if the log in is back online using the website http://phantasystaronline.net/index.phpon the right.

• Like 1

Running the game in windowed mode is the best way to run the game AND check the net for stuff, view image charts, etc.

Otherwise the game just closes/crashes. (This is true on the 4 computers with various operating systems I've tried it on)

You always get booted back to lobby after finishing a quest, so you'll have to get used to remaking groups. (sorry! xD)

And Cyan's link will take you to http://www.phantasystaronline.net(or ULTIMA's main page, not forum) where you can view server status on the Right-hand side of the page.

Also, if you run the game with the Launcher that comes with the game, it will tell you before you boot the game up if the Server is up or not and how many players are on!

=)

Edited by Kakashi
  • Like 1