Computer specs

dragonsl4y

i thought it would b interesting 4 ppl 2 post their compooter specs, in the last couple of years ive gotten into building PCs and stuff and ive realised how much i prefer it to a console (although if i had kept my xbox 360 i would have modded it like hell, but i didnt have the knowledge at the time) :onion-head49:

post your framerates in sum games as well if you can.

my compooter:

amd athlon 64 3.0ghz X2 dual core (coolermaster V8)

4gb ddr2 800mhz RAM (2x2gb) 5-5-5-12 timings

ati radeon hd5770 1gb powercolour pcs+ 950mhz core, 5240mhz memory clock, 800 stream processors (overclocked)

thermaltake element G mid tower case

320gb western digital cavier blue 16mb cache, 7200rpm hard drive

sum cheap asus motherboard thats not worth mentioning lol

windows vista home premium 64-bit

in dirt 2 full settings (DX11) i get around 45-60fps, shattered horizon mid settings i get around 50-60fps (if i put all settings on full i get 25-30fps, but on shooting games you need reaction time so at least 45 fps is needed to make it playable), devil may cry 4 full settings around 230-280fps, borderlands full settings around 55-70fps.

within a year i should upgrade to (hopefully):

amd phenom 2 3.0ghz X6 six-core black edition (coolermaster V8, ill overclock it to at least 3.2ghz cos its £50 cheaper than the stock 3.2ghz version lol)

8gb ddr3 1600mhz ram (4X2gb) 9-9-9-24 timings

1X ati radeon hd6870 1gb

1X nvidia 400 or 500 series GTX card depends on how much money i got and whats out at the time n stuff ya know?

2X western digital caviar black 640gb 64mb cache 7200rpm twin processsor SATA 3 in raid 0

msi 770A fuzion mobo (or possibly asus crosshair 4 extreme but its £150 more and all i would gain is faster SATA speeds and 1 extra graphics card @ 16X but if i get it as a christmas or birthday present then that would be awesome)

windows 7 home premium 64-bit

my current specs are pretty standard now but not bad for a 15 year old's 1st build, took me over a year to save up the £600 it cost me to build and it feels like ive only had it 6 months but ive actually had it almost 2 years lol.

dont be afraid to post, wether u got a old pentium 3 or a brand-new i7 you should b proud of wat u got!

Edited by dragonsl4y

I use this laptop to homeworks and low gaming

Intel Celeron 1.6ghz

480mb RAM memory

70Gigs of memory

Ati 32mb memory graphics processor

a shitti motherboard I guess

And if I wanna go hardcore in games I use my ps3 lol

currently playing

Battlefield Bad Company2

Medal Of Honor beta multiplayer

and looking forward to Call of Duty Blackops ,Twistedmetal and FinalFantasy IVX online.

Asus f3Sr

Operating System: Microsoft Windows Vista Home Premium

CPU Type: Mobile DualCore Intel Core 2 Duo T5450

1666 MHz (10 x 167)

Motherboard Name: Asus F3000Sr Series Notebook

System Memory: 2048 MB (DDR2-667 DDR2 SDRAM)

Memory Timings 5-5-5-15 (CL-RCD-RP-RAS)

Video Adapter: ATI Mobility Radeon HD 2400

(128 MB) Dual monitors

Disk Drive: ST9160821AS

(160 GB, 5400 RPM, SATA)

Optical Drive: HL-DT-ST DVDRAM GSA-T20N ATA Device

(DVD+R9:4x, DVD-R9:4x, DVD+RW:8x/8x, DVD-RW:8x/6x, DVD-RAM:5x,

DVD-ROM:8x,CD:24x/24x/24x DVD+RW/DVD-RW/DVD-RAM)

Not the best but it does me XD, in future i hope to buy any alienware laptop or a voodoo desktop

• 1 month later...

Dell XPS (X420-105W)

XPS Premium Desktop Computer & Widescreen Flat Panel Monitor

Microsoft Windows Vista Home Premium 32BIT

(Upgraded to Windows 7 Professional 32BIT)

-Dell XPS 420 Desktop Computer

-Dell 19 Inch flat screen high definition flat panel monitor

-Intel Core 2 Q6600 Quad-Core (8MB l2 Cache, 2.4 GHz, 1066 FSB

-3GB Dual Channel DDR2 SDRAM at 667 MHz - 4DIMMs (upgraded to 3.5GB)

-320GB Hard Drive (7200 RPM) w/ DataBurst Cache

-Built in LCD screen on chasis for easy access to photos, music and email.

-DVD+/-RW (Plays and creates CDs and DVDs)

-128MB ATI Radeon 2400 PRO

-Integrated 7.1 channel audio / Dell A225 Speakers

19-in-1 media card reader

-USB Keyboard and Optical Mouse

Just copied/pasted from an old topic I made on another forum :P

Also... above post needs to disappear.

Edit: The above post has been deleted (something about golf supplies... o_O)

Edited by XxNaHtExX

Dell XPS (X420-105W)

XPS Premium Desktop Computer & Widescreen Flat Panel Monitor

Microsoft Windows Vista Home Premium 32BIT

(Upgraded to Windows 7 Professional 32BIT)

-Dell XPS 420 Desktop Computer

-Dell 19 Inch flat screen high definition flat panel monitor

-Intel Core 2 Q6600 Quad-Core (8MB l2 Cache, 2.4 GHz, 1066 FSB

-3GB Dual Channel DDR2 SDRAM at 667 MHz - 4DIMMs (upgraded to 3.5GB)

-320GB Hard Drive (7200 RPM) w/ DataBurst Cache

-Built in LCD screen on chasis for easy access to photos, music and email.

-DVD+/-RW (Plays and creates CDs and DVDs)

-128MB ATI Radeon 2400 PRO

-Integrated 7.1 channel audio / Dell A225 Speakers

19-in-1 media card reader

-USB Keyboard and Optical Mouse

Just copied/pasted from an old topic I made on another forum :P

Also... above post needs to disappear.

very nice processor! although dell seem to cut back on their graphics cards for sum reason, i've seen other powerful dell machines but they always have a really old graphics card. i gotta admit its a good machine :onion-head11: , but if ever you need better gaming performance without having to buy a whole new compooter then sumthin like this is the cheapest solution: http://www.overclockers.co.uk/showproduct.php?prodid=GX-175-XF&groupid=701&catid=56&subcat=168

that post about golf stuff definatly needs 2 go, sum1 has been spamming that post all over the forum.

I was actually looking for a new graphics card. Thank you :)

Two things I still don't understand are sound cards and graphics cards.

I've never even known anyone to need a sound card, and graphics cards seem to have alot you need to know about.

Well, i bouth the sound card because i needed to use the 5.1 speaker set i had, it has 4 inputs and not 3 like the motherboard (1 for center/subuffer, 1 for front speakers, 1 for back speakers and 1 for microphone)

I never made the moderboard to use all the speakers at all time, sometimes it used 2 speakers, sometimes the entire set (depending on what i was doing), but with a sound card things are alot easier and more eficient

Here are the general specs of my mine... mainly used to play Team Fortress 2, Civilization 4, (at one point) Phantasy Star Universe, and PSOBB :)

AMD Athlon x2 6000+ (3.0ghz dual core)

2GB 800mhz Corsair XMS2 DDR2 RAM

ATi HD4770 512MB GDDR5

Jetway HA-07 Ultra Motherboard

NZXT BETA EVO Mid Tower Case

320GB HDD

Runs decently well... some things are older than others on it (I bought a new case, new video card, and new motherboard since my initial purchase of 400 dollars back like 2.5 years ago)

Still, it's my baby, and it has pulled though quite well for me beyond one motherboard failure and past heat issues :)

If you want a new video card, XxNaHtExX, there are plenty of decent options depending on how much money you are willing to spend. If you're upgrading your video card, make sure you have a PCI-e slot to stick one in... I've had past machines that have lacked one when they had an integrated graphics card. As for good cards; I live in the US, so I can't vouch for the market in other countries, but here are a few suggestions in order of price in USD:

ATi HD4670 GDDR3 version - $60 - I really wouldn't go any cheaper than this... the HD5450 IS NOT much of a gaming card. This card suits out good performance for the price, but isn't very powerful at all. This is like one of those cards that exist if you want to play Sims 3 every now and then. If you don't plan to game much, though, there's not much of a reason to go beyond this.

Nvidia GT240 GDDR5 version - $70 - Good card for the price, but I would spend a bit more... if you can find a 8800GT or 9800GT "Energy Efficient" for about the same price, I would get that instead.

ATi HD4850 - ~$90-100 - A very powerful card for the price. I would greatly recommend this out of all of these if you can find it cheap, but make sure your power supply can handle it and has a PCI-e power connector (to be honest, anything that has over 450w and is a decent power supply brand could probably run this fine)

You most likely don't need anything more powerful than a 4850 on a 19 inch LCD, but there's these last suggestions if you feel like pushing out more monies:

ATi HD 5770 1GB - $140 - Once again, a very powerful card for the price. Uses a small amount less energy than the 4850 and is more powerful too, but still uses one PCIe connector slot.

ATi HD 4890 1GB - $180 - If you can even find these anymore and have a beefy power supply with 2 PCIe connector slots, these still pose a very good deal for the price.

NVidia GTX460 1GB - $220 - lol ok you absolutely don't need this but it would be cool to have in case you get a much larger screen in the future

most modern motherboards hav built-in 7.1 audio and its decent quality but if you want really good sound on a powerful speaker system then buying a sound card is worth it. personally i use headphones most of the time so i bouaght a pair of creative headphones with a built-in sound card with EAX and X-fi technology and all dat other stuff but still not as good as a dedicated pci slot sound card.

my ati 5770 plays almost anything, its the best price/performance imo, my brother has got 2 ati 5870 in crossfireX but they are double the price each and the gaming performance is only slightly improved because no game on the market uses that much power. its my hardrive that is slowing me down and the lack of a tri, quad or six core processor.

edit: to XxNaHtExX: i would reccommend a graphics card that has a better than average cooling system such as, saphire's vapour-X, XFX's XXX edition, powercolour's pcs+, etc, that way you can overclock it really easy, even in a warm case.

Edited by dragonsl4y