Irritating Installations: Xbox 360 vs. Playstation 3

michel345

Default Irritating Installations: Xbox 360 vs. Playstation 3

Since even before the launch of the PS3, Sony fans were touting the system’s incredible processing power as several orders of magnitude beyond that of the Xbox 360. So far we haven’t seen much proof of that in terms of graphical performance, but much of that is due to the general downturn in exclusive titles- developing two separate versions of a game would be far less cost-effective. Having recently picked up Marvel Ultimate Alliance 2 to play with my fiancée on the PS3 (she finds the 360 controllers a bit too bulky) we popped in the disc, excited to once again run around as superheroes and pound various enemies into oblivion. Nothing was available until after it finished the lengthy installed. Well first it had to download an update. Unlike the 360, which simply gives you the choice of updating you’re game or signing out of Xbox Live. Usually when I’m playing a new game I’m far too excited about getting started on it to worry about the patch. If there are serious game-crashing bugs, then I’ll go back and update it.

Irritating Installations: Xbox 360 vs. Playstation 3

Heh, this kind of useless opinion exists only because of impatient people who can't stand watching an installation taking more than 5 minutes. I got a PS3 and so far the longest game I had to install was Soul Calibur 4... it didn't even take 10mins. Really just a pile of bullshit, lmao.