suggestion for the game!

i just had a great suggestion about psobb.

ok i have to admit that i got the idea from world of warcraft that my bro in law is playing...

there is a plug-in or add=on( call it whatever you choose...) that you install in the game, what it doe is that

i splay the music that you choose from your mp3 library.

as a suggestion, is it possible to make hte same kinda of add-on on? anbd after that, whe ( the player)

submit song that whe would like to listen to while playing....

anyway, there is also the easy way of opening winamp before playing, doing a playing from what whe ahve and so on....

anyway, that was my suggestion of the day!

Pretty much you can edit the ogg files to your liking, or you can mute the bgm of the game and open a media player (if you use fullscreen make a long playlist).

Also, if you're set on having that plugin,or a similar one, work, maybe provide an example of it working, at the very least a screenshot of it.

You can mute PSO music and open a media player.

You can (i once suggested this but in the end larva refused) create a trainer to change lobby event, certain lobby events have different songs, so you would be changing the cenario and the song, by replacing the .ogg files with your own music you would have custom music instead of christmas, halloween music for example.

This is a mere sugestion and i don't know if the admin and the staff accepts it.

Place a NPC in pionner that gives you a quest item (only visible in the quest menu), this item trigers the different songs in pso at anytime during gameplay (burning rangers, sonic adventure), by replacing the songs with custom ones then you have a short playlist.

I just don't know if a NPC can give such item outside a quest.

This is a mere sugestion and i don't know if the admin and the staff accepts it.

Place a NPC in pionner that gives you a quest item (only visible in the quest menu), this item trigers the different songs in pso at anytime during gameplay (burning rangers, sonic adventure), by replacing the songs with custom ones then you have a short playlist.

I just don't know if a NPC can give such item outside a quest.

I really LIKE this one , i will c if we can make this possible.

This was aplied in a quest at dc-talk server, we could change music at anytime during the quest (pionner, forest, boss,....), since it was a simple quest item that you always carried it with you.

But that was a quest and not normal gameplay.

Edited by K_I_R_E_E_K

This was aplied in a quest at dc-talk server, we could change music at anytime during the quest (pionner, forest, boss,....), since it was a simple quest item that you always carried it with you.

But that was a quest and not normal gameplay.

what you mean to say is it was copy and pasted out of another quest by a moron who didn't know how to sync up the players and left the register tags in. Anyway it has been done by sega themselves and by other people way before some idiot on that moronic forum got their hands on the quest editor and badly edited TTF lol.

Anyway anything loaded before a quest is loaded is purged from the memory and fully loaded from the quest: see schtservs common bank and tekker npc. Add to that altering every quest is, well annoying. and you have a big fat fail.

Edited by Atlas

That subject has nothing to do with the topic, since it's your opinion about a quest that someone else made, on another server by someone that isn't here.

We already talked about that and my opinion stays and so does yours, so it's worthless bringing that here.

I never said it was possible, having a playlist on pionner is worthless, what i sugested is a playlist that you can carry with you outside quests, wich i have no idea if it works.

Here are some picks larva, in-case your wondering what happens in that quest.

pso2009121919171871.png

pso2009121919173278.png

pso2009121919174195.png

pso2009121919174850.png

Edited by K_I_R_E_E_K

2503:   message 00000069, '...'
	add_msg '... ...'
	add_msg '... ... ...'
	add_msg 'Oh! You found me!'
	add_msg 'By the way....<cr>My name is Moron....'
	add_msg 'Nice to meet you!'
	add_msg 'Since you are here...<cr>Let me give you a gift.'
	add_msg 'I am pretty sure<cr>you will like it.<cr>He he he...'
	mesend 
	window_msg 'Obtained secret gift!'
	bgm 00000001
	winend 
	set_quest_board_handler 00000004, 4007, 'Music Player'
	set R78
	ret 
4007:   disp_msg_qb 'Change the background music?'
	create_bgmctrl 
	close_msg_qb 
	list R50, 'Don't change<cr>BGM 1<cr>BGM 2<cr>BGM 3<cr>BGM 4<cr>BGM 5<cr>BGM 6<cr>BGM 7<cr>BGM 8'
	switch_call R50, 9:1:558:574:588:600:623:624:625:626
	sync_let R145, R50
	ret 
558:	enable_bgmctrl 00000004
	ret 
574:	enable_bgmctrl 00000005
	ret 
588:	enable_bgmctrl 00000006
	ret 
600:	enable_bgmctrl 00000008
	ret 
623:	enable_bgmctrl 00000009
	ret 
624:	enable_bgmctrl 0000000A
	ret 
625:	enable_bgmctrl 0000000B
	ret 
626:	enable_bgmctrl 0000000C
	ret

The sum total of the morons code edit, anyway fixed:

2503:   message 00000069, '...'
	add_msg '... ...'
	add_msg '... ... ...'
	add_msg 'Oh! You found me!'
	add_msg 'By the way....<cr>My name is Retard who can't do simple things right....'
	add_msg 'Nice to meet you!'
	add_msg 'Since you are here...<cr>Let me give you a gift.'
	add_msg 'I am pretty sure<cr>you will like it.<cr>He he he...'
	mesend 
	window_msg 'Obtained secret gift!'
	winend 
	set_quest_board_handler 00000004, 4007, 'Music Player'
	set R78
	bgm 00000001
	ret 
4007:   disp_msg_qb 'Change the background music?'
	close_msg_qb 
	list R50, 'Don't change<cr>BGM 1<cr>BGM 2<cr>BGM 3<cr>BGM 4<cr>BGM 5<cr>BGM 6<cr>BGM 7<cr>BGM 8'
	create_bgmctrl
		Sync // in order to give it a chance to load the music correctly must inculde a frame wait here.
	switch_call R50, 9:1:558:574:588:600:623:624:625:626
	//sync_let R145, R50 (You don't need this unless you sync up all players which you can't do per floor anyway outside of quests).
	ret 
558:	enable_bgmctrl 00000004
	ret 
574:	enable_bgmctrl 00000005
	ret 
588:	enable_bgmctrl 00000006
	ret 
600:	enable_bgmctrl 00000008
	ret 
623:	enable_bgmctrl 00000009
	ret 
624:	enable_bgmctrl 0000000A
	ret 
625:	enable_bgmctrl 0000000B
	ret 
626:	enable_bgmctrl 0000000C
	ret

Post something relvent kireek and actually bother to read my post's I already said this is full of fail because anything loaded on to the quest board is wiped out by loading a quest.

Anyway you can do something far more advanced with blueburst including word recognition stuff so you don't need some sill menu and npc.

Edited by Atlas

Normal gameplay does not involve loading a quest, it's obvious that if you play in forest and then decide to do a quest the playlist is disabled.

Menu and npc were an idea, i don't know the extension of the things in pso bb, but you made a comparison beetween pso bb and pso ver.2, wich is a complete nonsense.

Insulting someone = worthless posting

Your posts contains edited text, your deliberately making someone else look bad, oh right, that's your "usual" behavior.

Instead of saying pso bb can do better, insulting someone or saying obvious stuff, post something usefull instead like if a playlist can be implemented in pionner in a non quest enviroment, if will all players listen to 1 player playlist or will everyone be able to pick a soundtrack

Word recognition seems okay, makes shortcut keys a very interesting idea to change soundtracks, that i aprove, probably causes less problems and doesn't need a specific menu.

Are you interested Larva?

Edited by K_I_R_E_E_K

yes it can be fun .

and lee stop insulting ppl. as you can see no one has insulted you.

The quest in question contains some insulting text from this idiot about me which I have not posted, so yes he is a moron, no he can't do anything right and yes he did just badly edit TTF. Any questions?

Please note I did not insult kireek.

Anyway there is always this DC opcode to keep you thinking:

Load_midi // :P

(Note that load_pvr loads an custom image from the quest file ;) )

Edited by Atlas

The quest in question contains some insulting text from this idiot about me which I have not posted, so yes he is a moron, no he can't do anything right and yes he did just badly edit TTF. Any questions?

Please note I did not insult kireek.

Anyway there is always this DC opcode to keep you thinking:

Load_midi // :P

(Note that load_pvr loads an custom image from the quest file ;) )

LMAO xD ok ,jajja is fun

ah man!

my post when wayyy too much out of hand!!!!

i just wanted to suggest an add-on for the game but since

my post tend to get out of hand....

anyway, the add-on would be great, but would also be way too much work

to make, so instead ill just stay with my winamp, turn off the sounhd and music of the game in the option

and voila...

ill be off topic for this... but im kinda wondering why the post i always start seem to get really fast out of hand.....

later amigo!

desjardins

anyway kireek there is no competition, we both know I can run global sized rings around the vast majority of people when it comes to most pso's internal working and config file information, this means especially quests as well.

Anyway if you want me to show you a simple example set of files larva using a quest board item to load the music player in the default quest then catch me on msn when I'm not that busy.