MASS-Changes: 'Item Banners'

I know while I play schtserv on my GC they have side banner type thingys when someone get like a high percentage weapon or something like that. I generally don't pay attention while I'm trying to do tower so that may be a bit sketchy.

Glide divide?

Yes i do agree with this also Guido.

These were not in my list for a reason:

Laconium Axe (Not an amazing weapon. However it is rare enough for a banner.)

Lame D'Argent (These drop often. It would be banner spam.)

Rambling May (Drop rate was 1/8... Banner spam in December.)

DF Shield (Drop rate was 1/8... Banner spam in December.)

Sword of Ultima (Until this weapon gets a boost, it's not very exciting.)

Zanbeacon.......lol (Drop rate was 1:1. That would be so funny.)

However, Mother Garb+ should probably be in my list. One other one we both missed was wizard resist.

And yeah Kajex is absolutely right!

Edited by massblade03

Woo I vote in less banners for all things! Just because I get all jealous when somebody grabs an item I don't have yet!

;3 still I don't think items with 1/300 drop should have one, or at least that aren't boss drops or something. We have great chances to get rare items because of hh and the rare monsters being on, when that is off I agree in putting more.

Schtserv has a dynamic banner system which has a fixed list of items which always give a banner and then if an item has greater then 45% hit (ie 50%, so 60% when tekked) it will show too no matter what it is. It also announces level 30 techs too.

I have showed larva an example of how to create a more useful banners system because as of now, even though kajex has suggested new ones, the code just isn't up to the task and would just be a complete hard coded mess. If they takeup my suggestion list could be external to the server and easy to edit.

Those things you see on gc are converted global announces to system text, since gc can't see the banner.

Edited by Lee
  • Like 2

oh wow lvl30 Techs lol didn't knw ^^

Anyway guys despite having to create this topic does anyone even know when some of these changes can even go through? :onion-head49: