Client issue: Slow gameplay and lobby

Redstar Hunter

Hi, i'd like to address a newfound issue with my PSOBB client, posted by my good friend seeing as i've also found trouble with signing up for the forums. Recently, i've been lagging quite a bit while in the player lobby, and in-game. Not connection lag, but the game lagging, itself. things are really slow, often falling to about 5-6FPS. The issue is, things were running perfectly fine for months beforehand, so i'm wondering what has happened. I've tried playing on the lowest resolution and settings, and reinstalled PSOBB several times. I've also run it with no other external programs or processes, with the same result. Does anyone or any administrators/GMs have any idea as to what could be wrong? I can provide system specifications if needed.

Here are a few suggestions.

1. Did you have frame skip on before? Maybe it somehow got unchecked in an update?
  2. When it's running slow, check your task manager to see if there are any background processes eating up CPU time. Sometimes programs you least suspect will crash and lock CPU time when it doesn't need it. If you notice any processes using high CPU usage try rebooting your machine and giving it another go.
  3. Also, your hard drive wouldn't be near full capacity would it? If so, maybe there is a lot of hard drive thrashing due to virtual memory being used while there is low hard drive space available. This could definitely cause high CPU usage and general slowdown of your machine. If so, you could try running CCcleaner to delete old temporary files or manually delete things you don't need.
Edited by Nessly