Just Started

Zero

So i decided to take a shot at qedit, just started watching a couple of tutorials, rika's tutorial to be exact, and i have a couple of questions about the pioneer2 npc, first Character ID, i was just wondering can it be any number or does it has to be an exact number?? Function, the same as before does it has to be an exact number??

Can be any number (i would use between 100 and 255). Number I used was a example. Just make sure they match the script! -hopes i remembered it right, haven't looked at qedit for awhile- This is from memory. XD

Character ID has to match the dword for the message op code in the script (character id on the character is in decimal, in the op code in the script is default hex (you can switch it to decimal in the script window). Function on the character has to match the script function, but can be any number (0-65535 (don't use 0 since that's always the start function)). Example:

-on the character-

Character id: 105

Function: 2000

-on script-

2000: message, 00000069, Hi, I'm a window bubble.

mesend

ret

(105 in hex is 69)

Edited by Rika

Ah ok, thanks Rika, now i know about the ID # that's one of my questions, but when talking about the function when editing npc? can it be any number too?, or does it has to be an exact number? because i saw you used 300, and about that does function is related to label??

Edited by Elric

Ah ok, thanks Rika, now i know about the ID # that's one of my questions, but when talking about the function when editing npc? can it be any number too?, or does it has to be an exact number? because i saw you used 300, and about that does function is related to label??

A label is just the start of a function. It can be just about any number like I said in the previous post. Just make sure the npc and the script match or it obviously won't work. I showed you a example in my previous post as well. xD