sound problem can anyone help?

dragonsl4y

i really need help with this guys, if anyone has ideas then plz let me know.

sometimes my sound starts to break-up and crackle and make pop noises etc.

when i first boot up and log-in my sound is fine but after anything between a few hours and a few days the sound will start to go wrong, the strange thing is that if i log off and log back in then the problem is fixed until the sound breaks up again.

this occurs on both my headphones and speakers. my speakers are plugged into my motherboards on-board sound through a normal headphone/speaker jack. my headphones are plugged in through usb. at first i thought it was my motherboards on-board sound that was causing the problem but my headhpones are creative hs-1000 fatality pro and it has its own creative sound card built-in to the headphones so it doesnt use the motherboard's on-board sound and yet it still suffers from the same problem.

i just find it strange that the sound is fine if i just log-off then log back in.

i really need help on how to fix this, i've had my computer for about 2 years and this is the only major problem ive ever had. confused.gif

heres some additional info on what im using:

windows vista home premium 64-bit

logitech x-210 2.1 speakers

creative hs-1000 fatality pro headset with noise cancelling mic (USB)

asus m3a78-t am2+ motherboard with built-in 7.1 channel hd audio

if any more information is required then just let me know.

Edited by dragonsl4y