My friend can't get his game to start up, error 908

He's not the most technically savvy, but from what he's told me the computer is about 7-8 years old.  Using windows 10 though.

He has disabled antivirus (AVG) & firewall (as well as made the exceptions thru them)

Has tried running in admin mode for both the launcher and just the .exe

He has downloaded and re-downloaded the game.

And he can get to the main menu before character creation, but whenever he tries to log on it gives him the 908 Error.  Meanwhile me and 2 of my other friends are on and playing so we're all a little confused.  I've done all I could to help him, but maybe any of you fine folks could lend some advice?

908 is that the connection was closed without contacting the server, pretty much.

You say he can get to the main menu before character creation, can he actually log in?
Or you mean the start game menu?

Ask him to check if the "test server" option is enabled in the launcher options.

3 minutes ago, Soly said:

908 is that the connection was closed without contacting the server, pretty much.

You say he can get to the main menu before character creation, can he actually log in?
Or you mean the start game menu?

Ask him to check if the "test server" option is enabled in the launcher options.

Test server is not checked,  I should've mentioned that i had him go through and i even checked with what I had checked/unchecked.

Edit:  I also had him test different resolutions to even see if it was strangely that.  since another one of my friends had THAT as an issue.

He see's the main menu,

>Start game
Exit game
Download patch
Register ID

-----

He hits, start game, and gets 908 error.
His register ID is in, and original post troubleshooting has been done.  He's unresponsive right now, probably afk. otherwise i'd have him test Booma's method to see if it helps.

Edited by Shrimplet596

Alright, something is blocking his connection to the server, now that you checked the test server is not selected (as it's offline right now).
He should check if his network can access our server, someone once had his ISP blocking the thing (which he had to unblock on his ISP's user control panel).

• Like 1