About launcher update

Hola, el launcher no se actualiza y me dice que contacte con los administradores del juego.
Ayer jugué una hora y todo funcionaba con normalidad.

Hello, the launcher doesn't update, either can't connect to the game. I've unistall and reinstall the game several times by now.
Just a few minutes ago, the antivirus show a malware coming from PSOBB. That never happened. Thou i could play today 5 a.m. with normality.

PSOBB.png

yes, i had malware seized by my virus protection.   and, when the game loaded, the screen was in japanese.

there is some foul play going on!

i uninstalled it and will try to re-install it.  i hope my character was not deleted!

1 hour ago, mortaldo said:

Hola, el launcher no se actualiza y me dice que contacte con los administradores del juego.
Ayer jugué una hora y todo funcionaba con normalidad.

Hello, the launcher doesn't update, either can't connect to the game. I've unistall and reinstall the game several times by now.
Just a few minutes ago, the antivirus show a malware coming from PSOBB. That never happened. Thou i could play today 5 a.m. with normality.

PSOBB.png

Agrega el directorio de PSO a la lista de excepciones de tu antivirus.
El problema es eso, que el antivirus cerró la conexion cuando se descargaba la dll.

13 minutes ago, System7 said:

yes, i had malware seized by my virus protection.   and, when the game loaded, the screen was in japanese.

there is some foul play going on!

i uninstalled it and will try to re-install it.  i hope my character was not deleted!

Indeed, your antivirus deleted the game's DLL
Please add the game's directory to the antivirus exceptions so it won't mess with your files.

33 minutes ago, System7 said:

thank you - yes, the DLL was removed somehow.  but why the japanese screen? i suspect a hacking.

Before, the japanese files were replaced by english files (but keeping their japanese name).
With the introduction of language selection, I restored the original japanese files so we can have japanese too.

I can make the game load english files by default but this requires changes to the executable, I wanted to leave it as "original" as I could to avoid any errors.

When the DLL is missing it cannot overwrite the language files to load and defaults to japanese.