all text is in japanese and game shuts down

I've been playing for a couple of years and just now my game will do an update and close. The menu appears all in Japanese but i know how to navigate it. The problem is then it does its update when I press start before it loads me in. As soon as the game updates it closes the game. So its a continuous loop of update and close game. Rinse and repeat. Ultima, love you all, but if you have the time this needs a fix. Again, Ultima you are amazing. Your team is the best.

Since you said you have played for years, I'm assuming you are returning back after a time off?

I did a revamp to the client and now normal and widescreen run off of the same executable, hence the old executable named psobw.exe is not in use anymore.

I made a new launcher which patches all the needed files before the game starts up which avoids having to restart the game after updating, because as you know it closes itself if there was an update.

This launcher I talk about integrates some new options like some custom hotkeys, 10 different palettes (might change the amount more or less in the future), HD kinda effect for the user interface (made by Tofuman), and the list goes on.

I remade the Spanish translation, recently Cyane made Portuguese and just yesterday added French also Japanese but that was a while back.

And well.. overall quite some new stuff.

For this you have to run Launcher then go from there (first check out all the options on the launcher)

Also, do you use Windows XP?

I've been playing for a couple of years and just now my game will do an update and close. The menu appears all in Japanese but i know how to navigate it. The problem is then it does its update when I press start before it loads me in. As soon as the game updates it closes the game. So its a continuous loop of update and close game. Rinse and repeat. Ultima, love you all, but if you have the time this needs a fix. Again, Ultima you are amazing. Your team is the best.

currently got the same problem as you friend, if i find a fix i'll let you know

uninstalled the game.

1-3 downloading again

4 new launcher patch thing download

5 trying the shortcuts that were made, one crashes and one is a white square forever (also opens a 2nd window of nothing)

6 tried the psobb file and it updated then went back to square 1.

hasnt fixed but if anyone has any ideas i'll try em all out

iX88DJa.png

i fixed mine, turns out it wont play nice with the high contrast themes on windows.

it's working now i changed back to original theme.

i hope this helps you op if you're using a custom theme.

Kr9ptAa.jpg

I am running windows 10 64bit.

I deleted everything and downloaded it again. Now when i run it the game will patch itself and give me an error. No903 patch error. Anytime I try again, it will attempt to download 4 things and give me the same error.

Also I am starting the game with online.exe if that helps.

edit: I tried to start the game from the other exe files. launcher.exe was the only one that open the game in english. It would go to the menu and when i went to start game, it would update one file and close down. Anytime I would open it it would do the same thing.

Edited by Derpy DitzyDo

I am running windows 10 64bit.

I deleted everything and downloaded it again. Now when i run it the game will patch itself and give me an error. No903 patch error. Anytime I try again, it will attempt to download 4 things and give me the same error.

Also I am starting the game with online.exe if that helps.

edit: I tried to start the game from the other exe files. launcher.exe was the only one that open the game in english. It would go to the menu and when i went to start game, it would update one file and close down. Anytime I would open it it would do the same thing.

are you using the new launcher from the top bar, https://mega.nz/#!T8cxlCKL!myGUo-xo-f2OraT0fOwnoxbdwCXivVHF5uiqt8fTCes

tKFaxQG.jpg

thats what the shortcut and launcher should look like.

are you using the new launcher from the top bar, https://mega.nz/#!T8cxlCKL!myGUo-xo-f2OraT0fOwnoxbdwCXivVHF5uiqt8fTCes

tKFaxQG.jpg

thats what the shortcut and launcher should look like.

That is how my launcher looks when I run launcher.exe

If it helps, the file that always tries to update is:

map_labo_off_s.bin

anytime I run the launcher, enter the game, and start the game it updates that one file. After it updates it closes down.

That is how my launcher looks when I run launcher.exe

If it helps, the file that always tries to update is:

map_labo_off_s.bin

anytime I run the launcher, enter the game, and start the game it updates that one file. After it updates it closes down.

i'm asuming you have downloaded the new launcher from the link. if you have then you might just be trying to use the wrong launcher because there will be 2 you can access. does this help at all?

qsr0K5L.png

Thankyou for responding karow.

I have used the launcher you provided for me and I still get the same error. When i choose start game it updates the one file and shuts down.

map_labo_off_s.bin

I start the launcher, launch the game, the game starts, I choose start game, it updates that one file, and shuts down.

Thankyou karow for getting back to me. I downloaded the file and replaced mine with it. It still gives me the same situation.

I then deleted the file and tried it again. First time it downloaded the file. The second time it did the same update again.

uninstalled the game.

1-3 downloading again

4 new launcher patch thing download

5 trying the shortcuts that were made, one crashes and one is a white square forever (also opens a 2nd window of nothing)

6 tried the psobb file and it updated then went back to square 1.

hasnt fixed but if anyone has any ideas i'll try em all out

iX88DJa.png

Just a few things

This picture is using the Installer 3.3 which is very old.

Thank you for posting it so I can look at why it doesn't show anything with high contrast themes.

Thankyou karow for getting back to me. I downloaded the file and replaced mine with it. It still gives me the same situation.

I then deleted the file and tried it again. First time it downloaded the file. The second time it did the same update again.

Can you tell me which version does the game say when you are at the title screen?

The version is at the bottom left.

I deleted the file here, and it updated once and then was good to go. So I'd assume something else is messing with the game.

Try to turn off your antivirus while updating to see if that keeps the patch loop going. (don't forget to enable it later)

Also, when you delete the file, does my launcher update it?

Edited by Soly