2560 x 1440 support? [technical question]

ernieball

I recently upgraded to a 1440p monitor. Right now i'm playing in 1080p using Windowed Borderless Gaming to upscale PSO to 2560 x 1440.

This is a solution i can live with, but it would certainly be nicer if there was a way to actually render the game in this resolution.

My questions are:

a) Is it possible for me to change the rendering resolution without recompiling the launcher? (changing some kind of config file for example)

B) If not, are there plans to support 1440p in future launcher/client updates?

Edited by ernieball

a.) Is it possible for me to change the rendering resolution without recompiling the launcher? (changing some kind of config file for example)

No

b.) If not, are there plans to support 1440p in future launcher/client updates?

Most likely. Might also depend on demand for it

Edited by Xceptional
  • Like 1

The game has a set of resolutions which can be modified but can't be added more, so I think it will never see a resolution this high.

There is a public launcher Tofuman made that lets you do these resolutions and "HD"... you can find it on http://www.pioneer2.net/phpBB3/but note is not our launcher and some files will not be updated with that launcher. Also as you go higher on the resolution the text goes smaller and might be difficult to read at 1440p

• Like 1