King's Game Origin Discussion

Akira_Mado

I thought if might be a good idea to start discussions (since no-one else seems to be taking the initiative) --- plus I had my own thoughts and couldn't post them without a thread :onion-head18:

If anyone else has any thoughts on this manga (or responding to someone's thoughts), please let us know what chapter (or person) you're referring to, and put your thoughts in the spoilers.

Edited by Akira_Mado

So I just read the latest chapter, Chapter 21 and...

(Contains some cursing and adult language. Young kids shouldn't read this, you've been warned.)

... I was so pissed at how they're depicting the main character(Kuzanari). He is mad at that Michiko for convincing that Kazuya to kill himself, but happy it wasn't him or his girlfriend, Natsuko, who died --- and thinks someone should randomly die an excruciating death instead. He is such a naive little bitch!! Thinking he can save everyone, yet unwilling to sacrifice himself, his Natsuko, or anyone else, AND thinks his naive opinion makes him more morally just -- What a self-righteous little shit! People like that disgust me.

Up to this point I thought that Michiko was the King, she seemed to really get off on the deaths of others, or that the three of them (Michiko and the two other men) had kidnapped Kuzanari's girlfriend when he ran into them in the forest. It really seemed that way when they had the town meeting and they all deflected his concern for his Natsuko; it was like they hid her --- they still may have done so: Michiko mentioned that Natsuko shouldn't be alive anymore. Doesn't it seem like that's because she knows exactly where Natsuko is?

I still can't believe Michiko loves Kuzanari. You wouldn't think that someone in love would be such a indifferent and condescending bitch to him. Still, knowing that he might die soon, I think Kuzanari should have screwed Michiko when he had the chance even if he didn't love her. But seeing as how he's the main character, I think he'll probably continue to have a chance for a while.

I don't really think Natsuko was the cause of the King's game, at least not willingly, but I do think it may have been related to her "sorcery" from what Kuzanari found in her family shed. Maybe she's missing because she knows how this virus started/who started it? Maybe that's why she was abducted?

Edited by Akira_Mado