PS3 controller mapping

ness

Does anybody use a ps3 controller to play this game or even an xbox 360 controller? If so what mapping do you use? I tried so hard but I just couldn't find one that worked for me. i'm using better dualshock 3. Is there a way to map the controls through the game launcher?

Thanks (: also is there a way I can launch full screen on my 2nd display? I have my TV hooked up to my PC via HDMI and I can't seem to find a way to launch full screen on my tv

Edited by ness

The game won't detect your controller if you have the controller disconnected before you start the game. You can configure your buttons in game. Go to Options --> Pad Button configuration --> custom

I'm using a 360 controller with the following buttons. It's pretty much identical to the real button layouts on the Gamecube/Dreamcast console versions:

screenshot_20150209113246.png

Make note that you need to configure your buttons on every character you use. If you want to take advantage of the remaining buttons on the controller (such as L-trigger/L2, R-trigger/R2, L3, R3), I highly recommend Xpadder to map those buttons to keyboard shortcuts.

Nyookami recently wrote a very detailed guide on how to do this if you want help with that.

Thanks (: also is there a way I can launch full screen on my 2nd display? I have my TV hooked up to my PC via HDMI and I can't seem to find a way to launch full screen on my tv

Patrick's suggestion works. An alternative is to use this program called Windowed Borderless Gaming. Once you set it up, you can have the PSO (and just about any other PC game that can run in window mode) play on full screen on any monitor you have without adjusting your primary monitor every time you want to play on your TV. The monitor doesn't have to be primary monitor to run in full-screen with this program.

To get your game to run on your second monitor, just use the offset part in the settings to shift left or right however many pixels your primary monitor is.

EX: Let's assume you have two 1920x1080 monitors and your left monitor is your primary monitor, but your want the game to run on your 2nd monitor which is position on the right.

Your offset setting will need to be shift right horizontal: 1920, vertical: 0.

screenshot_20150209114905.png

Edited by Nessly