Help, Cursor keeps moving automatically!

Hobson

I'm using the Ultima PSO setup found on this website. When I try to play it loads up fine and i can enter my information fine but as soon as I get to character select my cursor keeps moving as if the up key is being held.

Even if I make it into the game this continues whenever i go into menus of any sort. I have tried rebooting my PC and the issue is still there after reboot. This problem does not occur in any other games.

Does anyone have any idea where i can start to try and resolve this issue so I can play again?

I agree with soly... Could be an issue with controller software/drivers. If using a controller, try starting without it. Also, xpadder sometimes (on one of my machines) gets stuck buttons. If using something like xpadder or joytokey, try disabling them to see if the problem goes away.

If you have an issue with the cursor moving while playing (and I do have this issue myself), you can hide the cursor with this:

http://www.softwareok.com/?seite=Freeware/AutoHideMouseCursor/language/English

I'm not sure if any of this helps. Let me know if it does.

Maybe Cursor isn't the right word, umm like if you're in a menu the item highlighted just keeps shifting up like if you were holding up on the keyboard. I'm using nothing special no controllers just a keyboard. This has also happened in me in just the PC version of FF7 and FF8 on steam. I exhibit this issue in no other games to my knowledge and I can't figure out how to fix it :-(

Try a different keyboard. Also, If I recall correctly, there is something called "mouse controls" that saith/fyrewolf was telling me about. I don't know much about this, but perhaps mouse controls got turned on? If it is turned on and you can't change the setting, you might need to reinstall PSO.

Did the game work fine before for you? Or has it always been like this since you installed PSO?

Well I didn't really fix the issue but if I plug my PS4 controller into my computer the issue stops. I just leave it plugged in and play with a keyboard lol.

Also not sure if anyone else expierences this but after a reboot and i click the online.exe windows defender like scans it for 10 minutes before it opens and then i can open it normally until i reboot again. I've just been disabling windows defender when i go to play blueburst.

Well I didn't really fix the issue but if I plug my PS4 controller into my computer the issue stops. I just leave it plugged in and play with a keyboard lol.

Also not sure if anyone else expierences this but after a reboot and i click the online.exe windows defender like scans it for 10 minutes before it opens and then i can open it normally until i reboot again. I've just been disabling windows defender when i go to play blueburst.

Can you add the whole PSO folder to the exeptions? that would solve this second issue :P

• Like 1