i need help with a error code =(

well i kinda need some help with a error :onion-head27: well u know when u start the game with online thing. (not vonline im playen on windows xp) and when the start up screen pops up with the start game, official site, official billing site, credits, and cancel, well when i click start game a error message pops up saying Failed to start psobb. error code 2. and idk what that means.... and it wont let me play, i even tried downloading all of it over agian. and that didnt help. if some one can help me plz do :(:onion-head30:

Edited by kss125

Error Code 2 simply means it can't find the target file (PsoBB.exe for online.exe) to open.

Ensure that PsoBB.exe is in the same directory as online.exe. (If extensions are hidden, it should just show as PsoBB)

If that doesn't fix it (which it will if you do it right), just run PsoBB.exe directly.

• Like 5

• 2 weeks later...

Error Code 2 simply means it can't find the target file (PsoBB.exe for online.exe) to open.

Ensure that PsoBB.exe is in the same directory as online.exe. (If extensions are hidden, it should just show as PsoBB)

If that doesn't fix it (which it will if you do it right), just run PsoBB.exe directly.

Exactly what do you mean by: "Ensure that PsoBB.exe is in the same directory as online.exe."? I have this same problem as well :\

Exactly what do you mean by: "Ensure that PsoBB.exe is in the same directory as online.exe."? I have this same problem as well :\

lol, I know who you are now.

and I believe they mean that you have to make sure that the start icon for PSO is routed to the main Phantasy Star Online Blue Burst program files folder.

Try going to Program Files, finding the PSOBB folder, then using the start icon from there, if that one works, you can simply right-click and save a copy of that one to the desktop, thereby having an easier accessible PSO start icon.

By that I mean make sure that online.exe is in the same folder as PsoBB.exe.

Make sure if you're running online.exe from the desktop that it is a shortcut and not the executable itself. Go to your PSO installation folder and run it from there. (Make sure that there is a PsoBB.exe there as well. ...If it's not for some reason, you can get it here: http://www.phantasystaronline.net/download/Ultima_patch_2.4.rar)

I'd recommend following Vypor's advice about making a new shortcut to make things easier.

If you have any further issues, post a screenshot of your PSO folder and I'll help you from there.

Edited by Choko