Idea to break the language barrier

Okay, I've noticed there are players in the game talking spanish.

Which I have no problem with, But sometimes I have a hard time communicating with them, so I have an idea.

How many people Actually use the quick chat options... You know when you press UP on the action pallete ?

Not many, But I've been thinking to change the output of the quickchat, So that english-speaking players can use it to more easily communicate with spanish-speaking players.

say for english speakers, the chat Options are in english, but when you actually send it, it sends spanish, That way we can know what we are saying to spanish speakers.

And the reverse for spanish players, That their chat options for what is going to be said is in spanish, But when it sends, its in english.

I think this would really help for people who arent fluent in both languages :D:onion-head53:

That would be a neat idea, but think about it, you'd have to know which person speaks which language,

(besides we have brazilian players added in the mix too...)

and you'd need someone to code the auto-translation (something I don't really think it's possible)

oh and we don't use UP on the action pallete because it's swithced to the END keyboard (on my case.)

but I bet someone will come up with something soon.

right now we have larva uploading translated quests, so players can undetstand the gameplay better.

so I guess for now that will do.

• 1 month later...
  • 4 years later...

That is on PSO, if you go to your PSOBB data folder, at the bottom you will find some files called unitxt_x ... x being the language e, s and p... i bet you can guess the languages... but even that the files are there, portuguese seems to be the same as english, and spanish is not fully translated i don't know how much of it is translated.

but even if they were working correctly, you can't keep a conversation with that. :wacko:

The best recommendation i can give is to

Learn some other languages :P ...would be better for you. I know not everybody can or want to, but i have done myself with english at least (my main is spanish) and it helps a lot.