Help with lag please :(

desire

Woah, you're sharing RAM for the graphics memory!? Me and a lot of friends have found that to be the cause of many gaming issues...

I suggest running scans for spyware (this is an internet issue or a CPU issue) open Task Manager, check the Processes tab (Without PSO open) and see what's being used (give us a screenshot if possible) it's likely that there's some application running that is ran in the background by Windows that really isn't needed, or better yet, is a virus as I once had.

Trust me, all it takes is the 1 application to do this thing.

• 8 months later...

i also get slight "lag" on my laptop. i have 20mb internet connection so its not that. my specs are:

amd turion 1.6ghz dual core

ati radeon xpress series 128mb mobile graphics card (with latest drivers from amd/ati website)

2.5gb ram (the odd 500mb or so adds to the 128mb gpu to make it up to about 650mb graphics memory)

windows vista 32-bit

i can play games like world of warcraft (highest settings), devil may cry 3 (highest settings), phantasy star universe (low settings) all at around 45-60 fps. i even have a coolermaster laptop cooler underneath it to get lower temps (about 5C drop in idle temp). i have tried tweaking my laptops and the games settings for quite a while but no luck so far.

the only thing i can think of is that the game may have compatibility issues with on-board/intergrated/mobile graphics cards which is quite a common problem for games.

i know this doesnt help at all but i just thought you should know that the problem doesnt seem to be caused by slow internet or not meeting the system requirements.

i also get slight "lag" on my laptop. i have 20mb internet connection so its not that.

I have 20mb too but that doesnt mean it isnt the problem, 20mb is just your download speed not your upload.

My upload is only about 0.7mb and i have noticed if theres alot going up it can effect your down speed dramaticly, try closing any file sharing programs down (or similar) and check of you have media players network sharing enabled

This may not fix your problem but its worth trying to see if theres an improvement.

Also the Areo feature in windows vista/7 does take alot of your graphics resources try disabling this too if you haven't already done so.

If you are getting lagg on bosses like De rol Le / Barba Ray / Olga / Etc. Go to the Options menu of game then go to graphics set low and go to advanced and change the Fog Effect to emulation fog , this should helo you to dont lagg at those type of bosses.

If you are getting lagg on bosses like De rol Le / Barba Ray / Olga / Etc. Go to the Options menu of game then go to graphics set low and go to advanced and change the Fog Effect to emulation fog , this should helo you to dont lagg at those type of bosses.

I can say this works lol i used to get about 20fps on barba untill i lowered my resolution and graphics settings

Edit: i think its the transparent graphics that does it as it happens when theres alot of slimes in one room to

Edited by djij2010

I have 20mb too but that doesnt mean it isnt the problem, 20mb is just your download speed not your upload.

My upload is only about 0.7mb and i have noticed if theres alot going up it can effect your down speed dramaticly, try closing any file sharing programs down (or similar) and check of you have media players network sharing enabled

This may not fix your problem but its worth trying to see if theres an improvement.

Also the Areo feature in windows vista/7 does take alot of your graphics resources try disabling this too if you haven't already done so.

yeah thats true, my upload is only about 0.33mbps but my computer is using the same wireless connection and it has no probs + i even run steam at the same time. my laptop has all other programs off, windows vista has all efects turned off so it looks like xp proffessional. the "lag" isnt like normal lag, its like im going in slow motion, then it speeds up to normal then slow motion again, its just strange. my brother had the same problem with PSU on his laptop (even in offline mode) he was moving in slow motion and everything else around was going normal speed. i tried messing around with the frame skip options but this didnt help either.

i just thought of wat it reminds me of.... its like having the slow status affect permanantly lol.

thanks for the ideas.